Two Dozen Pie Crusts

fb iconpinterest iconpinterest iconlinkedin iconbuffer icon

1- 3 pound can Crisco
1 pound margarine (melted)
20 cups flour
4 cups cold water
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar

Using a large mixing bowl, mix Crisco, margarine and flour until well blended. Add cold water, salt and sugar. Using your hands blend ingredients together but do not over mix. Dough will be sticky.
Divide dough into 20 to 25 equal patties. Wrap each with wax paper, then wrap with foil and freeze. To thaw, remove foil and place in microwave, refrigerator or on counter top. When pie crust has thawed, roll it out on a floured surface or between two sheets of wax paper. Fold crust in half and then into quarters. Lift gently, placing in pan. Do not stretch pastry in pan, or it will shrink while cooking. Edges may be crimped with fingers for a more attractive appearance. Bake at 325 degrees until lightly browned.
Use when every you need pastry. These pie crusts have a freezer life of one year.

submitted to Budget101.com by Kitty

View More OAMC Recipes

View More Recipes

5 thoughts on “Two Dozen Pie Crusts”

1. this recipe works great!! i divide it into 10 logs and freeze. Each log is enough for a double crust pie.

Thanks epona9992002

2. That is a lot of pie crust, but I bet I make that many pies in a year. Making only single crust pies, that’s a lot of pie! I’m going to have to try this!

Leave a Comment