Budget101™ is looking for ghost writers! We have so much information we want to share and not enough time to write it all! So we’ve decided that it’s time to bring some writers on board.
How it’ll work
We provide a headline for the articles that we want written, and we’ll give you the freedom to research and write them. For each article, we’ll state about how many words it should be. Then, when you’ve finished writing it, you submit it via the step by step formatted article submission form that we provide.
For the majority of our articles, we target about 2,000 words. For these articles, we will pay 2 cents per word which comes out to about $40 for articles that we publish. Article lengths are assigned based on the topic, so you’ll know up-front how much you’ll be paid for your efforts.
As you gain experience writing for Budget101™ you’ll get more flexibility in choosing your own topics and outlining and writing articles as you like. As we move in that direction, your compensation will increase up to 5¢ per word.
What We’re Looking for in Writers
- You don’t have to be a professional writer, but we do need people who can use correct American English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- We’re specifically seeking those who enjoy learning about a topic, researching, and writing about it.
- Applicant must be a Native speaker of American English.
We want people who can commit to writing three (3) 1,500-3,500 word articles per month and do the research that goes into that. All writers will be expected to produce three articles per month.
It is critical that you not miss a publishing date, ever. Writers who miss a publishing date will be let go. For most freelance writers, three articles per month is perfect so they have plenty of time to work on it without being overwhelmed, but writers can almost always pick up additional articles to write if you’d like more work. You can write articles at your leisure so long as they’re submitted by the morning of the required publishing date.
If you have experience writing for a blog, that’s a big plus, but we’re really going to make our decisions based on a sample of your writing.
OWNERSHIP & CREDIT
You understand and agree that all photos, videos, written content, and all other media submitted to Budget101™ becomes the exclusive property of Budget101™ and you do not have the right to republish that content on your own site or anywhere else (on the web, in print, or otherwise).
This is a ghost-writing position, as such, articles will not be published under the writers name or likeness.
This opportunity is available for writers around the world. This is a freelance writing gig and, if selected, you will be an independent contractor and receive a 1099 tax form (for earnings over $600).
How to Our Application/Onboarding Process Works
- You apply via the form.
- If we feel you’d be a good fit for the team you will receive a welcome email with a link to a training video.
- If you successfully complete the first training, you’ll receive a second training video explaining our posting format.
- Finally, you will be assigned a (paid) test post.
- You’ll receive a choice of 3 topics to choose from
- You will be paid two cents per word (except for the title) for the test post, whether we opt to publish it or not.
- All content must be 100% original, Neither quotes, plagiarized content, nor duplicate content count to this total.
- The test post will become copyrighted to Can’t Compute and cannot be used or republished elsewhere in print or online.
- By taking the test, you agree to this condition.
- If your post is properly researched and formatted, you will be offered a long-term freelance writing contract.
Apply below. We will contact successful candidates on a rolling basis as spots are open. Watch for an email from us.