Today’s Meals

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      BellaRosa

Today’s meals were/are super simple and inexpensive:

Breakfast – 2 Fried eggs with left over corn bread

Lunch – Leftover chicken from last week on hard rolls (*See my deal below*) laced with homemade garlic mayonnaise and leftover toppings(1/2 a tomato, partial avocado)

Supper – Herb roasted chicken with rosemary potatoes & corn

*Today’s Super Deals*

I had to run to the store this morning to get my milk and eggs for the week and while I was there I checked their daily bargain bin. This is what I found:

– 8 deli style hamburger rolls for $ .99 ($0.12 each)
      – 8 deli style hot dog rolls for $ .99 ($0.12 each)
      – Box of 12 glazed doughnuts for $ 1.49 ($ 0.12 each)

All will be repackaged in bags of 2 and “hidden” in the freezer for future meals/snacks.

The discouraging part of the whole food store trip was that the milk costs $3.97 and the eggs were on sale for 2 dozen/$3.00. That was a whopping $6.97 just for basic kitchen staples! Makes me want to start my own farm PIG 4 smilie
      Happy Budgeting.

jkpjohnson

WOW your milk prices are high. Our markets always have coupons for $1.98 a gallon (skim, 1% or 2%). We switched from Whole milk to 2% about a year ago (so we could use the coupons), we are working our way to 1% for diets. Maybe living in MN the milk prices are lower (lots of farms)????????

BellaRosa

Living in or near dairy farms is a HUGE plus. Out here we have beef cows, big, beautiful free range cows. So our local beef is scrumptious, but diary products are a whole other issue.

This is why, I believe, that I am haveing such a problem staying on budget. Our prices are lower than perhaps Alaska, but much more expensive than most places.

I don’t purchase anything but whole milk because I make my own cheeses and nothing will work for them except whole milk. Not to mention, if I wanted to stretch my milk I could just dilute it with water and I have skim milk:041:. Twice the milk at a fraction of the price.:048:

BellaRosa

Update: The Herb roasted chicken from last night was actually a little larger than I thought it was. I have been able to get 3 meals out of it:
      1. Roast chicken
      2. Left over meat for a 9″ potpie
      3. Soup
      Smile, its spring!

MrsPaws

I love looking at other people’s meal plans!
      AND I love the way you stretched your chicken to make 3 meals…very cost effective!

MrsPaws

I love looking at other people’s meal plans!
      AND I love the way you stretched your chicken to make 3 meals…very cost effective!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.