dry milk vs liquid again

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

you use 1/2 c of borax; & 1/2 c of washing soda; 1 grated bar of fels naptha equals 2 1/2 cups; you use 1 cup for the powdered recipe that I make; you use 1 T for reqular loads, & 2 T for heavily soiled; doesn’t suds much nor will any homemade laundry detergent cuz it is chemicals which are harmful which make store bought suds; & they are full of fillers usually ground up dried corn cobs & other things to make it APPEAR that you get far more than you do & that is the reason you use so much more when using bought laundry soap; so 1 bar of Fels naptha made using my recipe will last me 6 months; & I still have lots of washing soda & borax to use in cleaning supplies.

— On Mon, 7/7/08, J Diane Northcutt wrote:

Subject: Budget101.com : the cost of homemade laundry detergent
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 5:27 am

Am I the only person that is finding it more expensive to make my own laundry detergent. There are a couple of brands of laundry detergent at Walmart that only end up costing only 4 cent per ounce. The cheapest Washing Soda I can find is9 cent per ounce and Borax is 3 cent per ounce which makes a final product of 6 cent per ounce ,but wait, we have not added the bar soap yet.That will increase the cost srtill more.

When you guys say thathomemade is cheaper, do you mean cheaper than name brand?

Diane

Quote:
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.