Raising Grandchildren

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Senior Savers Raising Grandchildren

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bdstroup

Any other grandparents out there raising one of there own and one or more grandchildren and trying to stretch the budget and save your sanity. I would love some tips on how to balance it all and feel a little less worn out all of the time. Just when we thought we were almost done, we found out we were starting all over, cannot seem to find a balance here.

ThriftyGrandma

I am right there with you! I do not have one of my own in our home at this time. But.

I am raising our 12 year old grandson at this time. Was raising his 17 year old sister until she decided to go live with her real father. Maybe we can support each other through this.

Amy hints I can share I will. As I have heard, 2 heads are better than 1.

grandmaof8

we have 3 kids and 8 grandkids and they all live with us. That is 13 ppl in the house. Everyone has chores that they have to do.

We put out a small garden that helps with food. When we cook its something that will really go along way like beans or a meatloaf loaded down with stuff in it. We caught a swimming pool on sale they love it.

It is hard being in your 50’s thinking you’ve raised your kids and now you have the house to yourself then life throws you a curve ball and you have to help out your kids.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Senior Savers Raising Grandchildren