Cake in a Mug recipe glaze question – HELP QUICK!!

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Cake in a Mug recipe glaze question – HELP QUICK!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      queenbea77

I want to make the Cake in a Mug to give away as favors for a party and I have a question. I mixed a yellow cake, instant vanilla pudding and Just Eggs. I then added oil and water to try the cake. It came out great so I am happy with this part of the recipe. My question is about the glaze. All of the recipes I’ve found say to mix powdered sugar and drink mix. I have the exact measurements but I don’t know if the drink mix is the kind that has sugar and you just add water (such as fruit punch or tang) or is it the unsweetened that you need to add sugar and water to (such as kool-aid)? The recipes say you can use chocolate – there again is it “cocoa” (unsweetened) or chocolate like Nestles Quik? You are already adding powdered sugar so I’m not sure if the flavors are sweetened or unsweetened. HELP! I don’t want to waste the cake mixtures I have set aside just to try making the glazes different ways. The cake is super moist when it comes out of the microwave but as it cools it would be better if it does have glaze. I have one of those “funfetti” cake mixes that I am going to mix up for the kids at the party and I’m sure they won’t like the lemonade flavor so I have to experiment to see what flavor will go good with it.

FreebieQueen

All of the recipes I’ve found say to mix powdered sugar and drink mix. I have the exact measurements but I don’t know if the drink mix is the kind that has sugar and you just add water (such as fruit punch or tang) or is it the unsweetened that you need to add sugar and water to (such as kool-aid)

The Unsweetened Kind, like Kool-Aid or flavor-aid, etc.

If you’re in a pinch you can also buy boxes of Jiffy mix frosting (I think they’re .44 a box) and that will make quite a few packets, 10 (I think).

The cocoa is Unsweetened Baking Cocoa.

queenbea77

FreebieQueen – thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! I’ll try this and see how it turns out. I found a recipe for a pineapple upside down variation and another one for peaches. I think those will work good for the yellow cake I already have mixed up but I’m going to try the glaze for the funfetti ones I am making for the kids. Maybe I’ll even get brave and try the brownie recipe I have.

FreebieQueen

@queenbea77 138830 wrote:

FreebieQueen I found a recipe for a pineapple upside down variation and another one for peaches. .

smiley-eatdrink013 smilie If you’re looking for variation, Currently there are 46 Mug?Cup Mixes available on the site:

Budget101.com – – Mug & Cup Mixes | Cup Mixes | Single Serve Mixes | Gifts in a Jar

🙂 Enjoy them!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Cake in a Mug recipe glaze question – HELP QUICK!!