Chicken Lombardy

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      xstepmom

Here’s an awesome recipe for chicken Lombardy that was shared on my FB page! I couldn’t wait to share it here after making it myself last night.

Chicken Lombardy

8 oz package(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
      2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
      4-6 chicken breasts
      1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
      1/3 cup(s) butter
      3/4 cup(s) Marsala
      1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
      1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
      1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
      1/2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
      1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese
      2 green onions chopped

1 Cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or just until tender. Remove from heat; set aside.

2 Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/8 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.

3 Roll the chicken pieces in flour. Melt butter in a frying pan, brown the chicken on both sides & cook about halfway. Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, overlapping edges.

4 Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Reserving pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle mushrooms evenly over chicken.

5 Add wine and broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper.

6 Pour sauce over chicken. Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.

7 Bake uncovered, at 450 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes until cheese melts.

Chicken Lombardy Recipe Notes

Remember, YOU are the one that has to eat it, so alter it to suit your needs/desires!

✔️ You can omit the butter and use the oil you prefer.
      ✔️ Follow a low-fat/no-fat diet? You can also use low-fat or fat-free cheeses.
      ✔️ Don’t drink? You can remove the wine and use low-sodium organic broth.
      ✔️ Keto? Omit the flour and dip each breast in a mixture of egg/water, then dredge in pork rind panko, like these fried pickles.

chicken lombardy

Chicken Lombardy

Chicken Lombardy- The best chicken ever baked in a quick marsala sauce with tender mushrooms and melty mozzarella cheese!

Print
      Pin
      txt

Collect

Prep Time: 10 minutes
      Cook Time: 25 minutes
      0 minutes
      Total Time: 35 minutes
      Servings: 6
      Calories: 538kcal

Equipment

Ingredients

Instructions 

• Cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or just until tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
      • Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; using a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten each breast to 1/8 inch thickness
      • Roll the chicken pieces in flour. Melt butter in a frying pan, brown the chicken on both sides & cook about halfway. Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, overlapping edges. (See Keto Note Below)
      • Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Reserving pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle mushrooms evenly over chicken.
      • Add wine and broth to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper.
      • Pour sauce over chicken. Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.
      • Bake uncovered, at 450 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes until cheese melts.

Keto Variation

• If you're following a keto lifestyle, omit flour and use porkrind panko as a coating instead. You'll need to coat the chicken with a mixture of lightly beaten egg first to get the porkrind panko to stick.

Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 848mg | Potassium: 1031mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 632IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 13g
      Tried this recipe?Mention @Budget101com or tag #Budget101com!

Chicken Lombardy

Chicken Lombardy- The best chicken ever baked in a quick marsala sauce with tender mushrooms and melty mozzarella cheese!

• 9×13 Baking Dish
      • 8 oz fresh mushrooms (sliced)
      • 2 tablespoon butter (melted)
      • 6 chicken breasts
      • ½ cup all-purpose flour
      • ⅓ cup butter
      • ¾ cup Marsala Wine
      • ½ cup chicken broth
      • ½ teaspoon salt
      • ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
      • ½ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
      • ½ cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
      • 2 whole green onions (finely sliced)
      1. Cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or just until tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
      2. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; using a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten each breast to 1/8 inch thickness

3. Roll the chicken pieces in flour. Melt butter in a frying pan, brown the chicken on both sides & cook about halfway. Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, overlapping edges. (See Keto Note Below)

4. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Reserving pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle mushrooms evenly over chicken.
      5. Add wine and broth to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper.
      6. Pour sauce over chicken. Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.

7. Bake uncovered, at 450 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes until cheese melts.

Keto Variation

1. If you're following a keto lifestyle, omit flour and use porkrind panko as a coating instead. You'll need to coat the chicken with a mixture of lightly beaten egg first to get the porkrind panko to stick.

Dinner, Main Course
      American
      30 minutes, frm-recipe
      chicken

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mos

Another recipe that looks soooo good!

Sunni66204

This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

KellerTxDad

I cooked this tonight. Excellent, my family loved it! Six breasts was a bit much for my 9×13 pan but they were 12 oz breasts.

So watch portion size.

Delicious!

1gr8lady

Found your recipe with the yummy picture, so I just had to make it right away. It was fantastic! I put it under my recipe book’s “Favorites” section right away.

Cindercat

Is it necessary to bread the chicken? Trying to cut down on carbs for my diabetic father. I pan sear chicken breasts and get good color but then they aren’t pounded thin.

Does the breading help keep them from drying out?

Hathor

@Cindercat 1051856 wrote:

Is it necessary to bread the chicken? Trying to cut down on carbs for my diabetic father. I pan sear chicken breasts and get good color but then they aren’t pounded thin.

Does the breading help keep them from drying out?

If you nare limiting carbs, use crushed pork rinds for breading they are zero carbs and work on any recipe calling for breading.

Lenny69

I do not see in the recipe where or if to add the 3/4 cup marsala. I it just to be nearby for another recipe?

mos

jack07, this is right after you remove the mushrooms from the pan and place them over the chicken: “Add wine and broth to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper.

Pour sauce over chicken.

Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.”

Enjoy!

jkeegan

This is one of our favorite dishes.. I make it 20-30 times per year.

I think I’d misread the “6 chicken breasts” as 3 chicken breasts that you butterfly in half (which is what I do). Maybe others cook twice as much chicken and spread the rest over more of it? That’d be great leftover-wise I guess, but I don’t know if I want it diluted – what we have now is amazing. It feeds me and my two daughters, and I still end up with leftovers for a day or two for me. Having more for everyone would be great, as long as it still tasted as good. Does anyone really use 6 chicken breasts?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.