Tired of Overwhelming Facebook Email Notifications?- Tech Support

Tired of Overwhelming FB Notifications? Think the page you 'Liked' should slow down or stop filling your inbox? Here's something you may not have known, Pages (and their owners/admin, etc) literally have NO Control whatsoever of this issue. This issue and feature is Entirely up to YOU! To

change, click, comments, email, emails, event, facebook, fb notifications, notification, notifications, page, photo, photos, posts, receive, settings, stop emailing me, stop emails, too many emails, including, receiving, options, account, choose, tired, stories, frustrated, list, items, inbox, pages, groups, tags, overwhelming, timeline, tagged, issue, friend, block, friends, close, highlighted, disable, frequent, post, full, nasty, send, notifications-, login

And Your Issue is?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Tired of Overwhelming Facebook Email Notifications?

Tired of Overwhelming FB Notifications? Think the page you 'Liked' should slow down or stop filling your inbox?

Here's something you may not have known, Pages (and their owners/admin, etc) literally have NO Control whatsoever of this issue. This issue and feature is Entirely up to YOU!

To change your notification settings for a Page:

Keep in mind that if you choose not to receive notifications, you can still see recent activity, including notifications, in the summary on the right of your Page.

For example:
    If you're receiving too many email notifications there are a number of options you can choose:

How to stop hundreds of emails from filling your inbox

With this setting you can determine whether or not you want to receive email notifications for a long list of things including:

1. MessagesFB Notifications- how to shut them OFF
    2. Posts on your timelines
    3. friend requests
    4. Pokes
    5. Photos your tagged in
    6. Event invites
    7. comments on your photos
    8. comments on your photo albums
    9. comments on your links
    10. event cancellations
    11. comments after you on a photo
    12. comments after you on a link
    13. comments after you on a photo album
    14. tags of your photos
    15. friend confirmations
    16. likes on your posts
    17. tags on your videos
    18. event updates
    19. comments on stories on your timeline
    20. comments after you on timeline stories
    21. comments on posts you're tagged in
    22. posts from close friends
    23. comments on your posts to groups
    24. posts to your groups

If you're receiving email notifications about a particular post or frequent different items from the same Page, the items highlighted in RED above are the ones you'll need to Disable.

Facebook will not list "Pages" to block notifications from.

With all of these options and notifications, It's VERY Easy to see how your Facebook Account Settings Can easily cause you to become Overwhelmed and Frustrated, particularly if you're a member of a busy Page!

What other Notification Settings can you change?

Sound Notifications
    Email (see above)
    Push Notification
    Text Messages to your Smartphone/Tablet, etc

So Please, before you send a Nasty Email to a page you like, but are frustrated with because you're inbox is full of FACEBOOK Notifications- Please login to your account and Adjust your settings accordingly.

See Also: How to Shut off Facebook FEED Notifications
    Tech Support

~The More Details you Provide regarding your issue, the easier it will be for me to solve it for you~

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tired of Overwhelming Facebook Email Notifications?

I just tried to follow your directions by clicking settings and then notifications in the left column to discontinue receiving emails and notifications is not there. Please help. I've already removed all of the lists I was linked to, but the emails continue coming anyway.

Thank you,
    Judy
    user name: Ashara

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ashara View Post
    I just tried to follow your directions by clicking settings and then notifications in the left column to discontinue receiving emails and notifications is not there. Please help. I've already removed all of the lists I was linked to, but the emails continue coming anyway.

Hi judy, it sounds like you might be getting post notifications, here's a tutorial on fixing those:

http://www.budget101.com/tech-suppor...fications.html
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Works like a charm! I've tried this and my email is clean.