Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-23-2006, 12:52 PM #1
10 Frugal Easter Basket Filler Ideas
frugal Easter basket ideas include:
1. Books - stack up on used children books from garage sales, thrift shops and library book sales during the year. Keep a big stack of books stored away in a closet and then you will have some inexpensive books add to Easter baskets and Christmas stockings.
2. Crayons and a coloring book.
3. Modeling clay and some interesting mold and sculpture tools
4. For older children, balloons and a small pump to make balloon animals and sculptures.
5. A bottle of bubbles and some special wands for blowing bubbles.
6. A package of seeds, and child sized gardening gloves and garden tools.
7. Punch balls.
8. If you live in an area where it is getting warm enough to go to the park or beach by Easter, then assorted sand toys and beach balls are always a fun gift.
9. Check party stores for party favors and novelty items you can buy on sale or in bulk. One of the stores in our area has big grab bags of marked down and discontinued toys and favors for a few dollars each. When our kids were small I would buy several of these bags and use the toys for rewards extra good behavior, as special gifts on plane trips, for Easter baskets and as stocking stuffers.
10. Disposable cameras. Then spend the afternoon at the zoo or some other interesting place where your kids can take pictures.I'm a Freak!