My DD, that has run off to Oregon, has been visiting all sorts of places in the northwest. Those of you that know me, know that my DD is a serious baker and while spending the weekend at the Puget View Guesthouse, she sampled an amazing bread. Upon returning home she made it her mission to duplicate the bread. She shared her results with me and it is delicious!
All Season Quick Bread
1 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
Chopped walnuts (optional)
Raisins (optional)
1-1/2 cups of: applesauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste
or grated fresh apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste (see note)
or grated zucchini (see note)

or cooked squash, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste (see note)
or ripe bananas (see note)
Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs. Add dry ingredients. Add your choice of fruit or vegetable plus seasoning (if any). Stir in walnuts and/or raisins, if desired.
Grease and flour loaf pans. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until done by toothpick test. Sprinkle/dust with powdered sugar just before serving. Makes: Three 7 x 3-inch loaves
Note: Since they wouldn't share the recipe, only said that it was a quick bread, she experimented with a variety of ingredients. With the applesauce, fresh apples, and squash, adding cinnamon and nutmeg did the trick. Using zucchini or bananas didn't need the extra seasonings. She said all were fabulous, but the applesauce version was the closest to what she had sampled. I've made the applesauce and fresh apple version and they were terrific! I'll get around to making her other three versions eventually, but for now, know that this is one fantastic bread!