Black Bean Burgers- Dirt Cheap Dinners

Black Bean Burgers 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs 1 large egg, beaten 2 tbs dried onion flakes 1 tsp worcestershire sauce 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 1 tbs canola oil 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns Toppings (optional):

bean, beans, black, breadcrumbs, burgers, canola, egg, heat, large, oil, onion, patties, patty, pepper, place, skillet, sliced, tbs, toppings, tsp, dried, worcestershire, sauce, mixtue, cook, thick, 3/4-inch, drained, portion, side, 15-oz, shape, burger, finish, desire, caffeineoverload, serves, wheat, lightly, medium, browned, firm, serve, mintues, mustard, catsup, pickle, flakes, bowl, medium-sized

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Black Bean Burgers

Black Bean Burgers
    15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
    1 large egg, beaten
    2 tbs dried onion flakes
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tbs canola oil
    4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
    Toppings (optional):
    Lettuce leaves
    Sliced tomato
    Sliced onion
    Sliced pickle
    Catsup
    Mustard

Place the black beans in a medium-sized bowl. With the back of a fork, partially mash the beans until they are able to be shaped into a patty. Add the breadcrumbs, egg, worcestershire sauce, and black pepper, and mix together well.
    Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
    Use 1/4 of the bean mixtue for each patty. Shape each portion into patties that are about 3/4-inch thick.
    Place the patties into the skillet, and cook on each side about 4 mintues, or until the patties becomes lightly browned and are firm.
    Serve each patty on a whole wheat bun, and finish off with the burger toppings you desire.
    Serves 4

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Black Bean Burgers

I LIKE this recipe - will have to try it for myself since the hubby only thinks burgers have to be from meat LOL

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope you like it! And here's a tip from another member here trying to get more veggies and fiber into her family's diet...she started off mixing 1/4 mashed black beans with 3/4 ground beef. She eventually increased it over time so that they were finally eating 100% bean burgers. After several meals using nothing but beans for burgers, she dropped the bomb! As far as any of us know, they've been eating bean burgers ever since...giggle... I love veggies, BUT love meat just as much! I do try to eat a veggie meal at least once a week;-D

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have made a recipe for black bean burger that i make and then freeze for later. I always try to have some in the freezer.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You should share your recipe with us!

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was asked to share my black bean recipe and so here it is. this might not be a dirt cheap dish but this is what I came up with when I was trying to cut done on the meat I was eaatting. I am the only one in the house that will eat them for my husband and son are MEAT eatters till the end.
    Black Bean Burgers

2 cans Black Beans
    1 cup Brown rice(uncooked)
    1 can mushrooms
    1 small to medium onion(to taste)
    ½ to 1 bell pepper(to taste)
    ½ to 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
    ½ to 1 teaspoon garlic powder orgranulates
    1 or 2 eggs
    ½ to 1 cup bread crumbs

Cook the rice according to packageadding the chinese five spice and garlic to water.
    While the rice is cooking very finelychop the mushroom, onion and bell pepper( I use a meat grinder).
    (I have a kitchen aid stand mixer forthis part) I add the beans and give them a quick run for about 15 to30 sec to mash them some. Add everything in mixer and mix till wellcombined.
    When it is well combined make intopatties and flash freeze for later use. I make mine into a 4 oz or ¼lb. patty.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

LRMeyers1968, have you tried the method of black beans to ground beef an suggested? Your recipe sounds fabulous, but if you are trying to move your family to a less meaty recipe, I encourage you to try what I sugguested above;-D

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mos View Post
    LRMeyers1968, have you tried the method of black beans to ground beef an suggested? Your recipe sounds fabulous, but if you are trying to move your family to a less meaty recipe, I encourage you to try what I sugguested above;-D
    Not trying to move my family, just me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast