hello from the Panhandle of Florida

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! hello from the Panhandle of Florida

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      b52eworet

Hello everyone,
      I’m a single mother whose son is going off to college. Will need to find many ways to cut the cost of living. Bills have been overwhelming these past few months.

This site looks overwhelming, I don’t know where to start. Hopefully I will learn more ways of cutting my costs and stretching the dollar.
      Catherine

suey

Hello from Canada Catherine, welcome aboard!

wilbe95

Welcome to the site, just take your time and look around the forums, I am sure you will be busy for awhile looking over the different topics. Enjoy your time here. 🙂

brchbell

the Washington Post had a great article for new college students that might help your son!
      washingtonpost.com
      It’s been a rough summer for us too! So many things dying and having to be repaired or replaced. We had 11 family members visiting the 1st of July and 4 days before they were due to arrive the AC went totally out, the refrigerator died and my car had to have new tires to pass inspection.

We’ve been crawling out of the hole ever since. Praise the Lord we had a years supply of food stashed to live on! Got hit with a $253 cell phone bill this month.

Our cell phone company got bought out and they reduced our minutes from 500 to 400 for the same price and didn’t tell us. Only coverage in our area so rethinking if we really need cell phones or not. Guess my temper will cool in a few month’s before our contract is up.

Hoping to see the light of day come September. We only get paid once a month on the 1st so it sure makes for a long month when the check is gone on the 1st! There is tons of inspriation and ideas listed on this site so don’t give up, go browing instead!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! hello from the Panhandle of Florida