1/8 teaspoon salt
      1 egg
      1/2 cup milk
      1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
      1/4 cup sugar
      1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
      1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
      Directions
      1. In a mixing bowl combine flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.

2. In another bowl beat egg slightly; stir in milk and 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine. Add egg mixture to flour mixture.

Stir just until moistened (the batter may be lumpy). Lightly grease muffin cups. Fill cups about two-thirds full with batter.

Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden.

3. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl combine the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Immediately dip tops of hot muffins into the 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated.

Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.

Make-Ahead Tip: Bake muffins as directed. Cool completely. Place muffins in freezer containers or bags and freeze for up to 1 month.

To reheat, wrap frozen muffins in heavy foil. Heat in a 300 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes.

Nutrition Facts
      Servings Per Recipe 12 muffins Calories 191, Total Fat (g) 10, Saturated Fat (g) 6, Cholesterol (mg) 42, Sodium (mg) 169, Carbohydrate (g) 24, Protein (g) 2, Vitamin A (DV%) 9, Calcium (DV%) 5, Iron (DV%) 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

jaime

Thank you for the muffin recipes! I just love muffins in the morning with coffee!

brchbell

I’ve made these for years and my kids love them and make them often!

MrsPaws

These muffins sound positively divine!! Gotta try these…soon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas French Breakfast Muffins