Newbie to budget101.com

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Newbie to budget101.com

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      NaomiF

I am so excited to be apart of the family at budget101.com. I read your story and was totally moved. Thank you. I am really going to try to stick to the $200 budget. When should I buy a cow? After I have saved $360? And I am not sure where to get all the chicken, I am not sure I have a butcher here in Smyrna, Tn. Will it be listed in the Yellow Pages. I am fairly new to the area, so, am not sure where to start. Also, I am not able to plant a full garden, but can plant in pots, do you have any recommendation on plants that would be great in pots?
      Thanks again!!!
      Naomi:bounce:

wilbe95

Welcome to the site! You don’t really need a butcher to get the bargains on the chicken. Watch for sales and buy in bulk to repackage and you will save quite a bit. Tomatoes do great in pots so do herbs. Many vegetables will grow easily. Hope you enjoy your time here.

brchbell

Greetings from NW Missouri! Glad you joined us Naomi! You can grow lots of things in pots! When I lived in a tiny apartment in Japan I had pots in all the windows! I had 7 different kinds of lettuce growing- 1 in each pot. when you want salad you pick a few leaves off each one and the plant keeps growing! Baby carrots and radishes grow well in pots. Tomatoes grow well in 5 gallon buckets- put in extra compost for them! Greens like Kale grow very well in pots! Have fun experimenting!

Katie31

I know Tomatoes work great in pots! Peppers are excellent too. And any herbs work

JoAnn

Welcome Naomi,
      You have alot of good questions. And already have recieved some answers. You have come to a really good site full of alot of useful information. Looking forward to your future postings. Hope you enjoy your container plantings and share what you are going to plant and how everything turns out..

opal1973

Thanks for posting that! I have been wondering what would do well in pots too! I rent and can’t plant a garden, so it’s great! Also, have you heard of an organization called the Share Program? It’s a great program to save a bunch of money on food. I stock up because the meat is frozen. I bought 10 lbs of chicken beasts for $18.50 last month. It’s great! Here’s the link to TN…

New River Community Action’s SHARE Program

I’m not sure if there is one close to you, because I live in FL, but it’s only once a month pick up, so perhaps you could find one within driving distance. GOOD LUCK!

Baggz1971

Welcome and happy hunting for that chicken :063:

suey

Hello from Canada….Happy Easter!

rtebalt

Welcome to the group!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Newbie to budget101.com