For writers and bloggers and such….- how to come up with new ideas…..

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks For writers and bloggers and such….- how to come up with new ideas…..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      faxonfive

If you’re a writer or if you’re running your blog, you find yourself running out of some fresh ideas to write about. This is why there are a lot of people who resort to plagiarism just so they can put something in their blog. If you’re creative muse has seemingly abandoned you and you are left to your resources, what do you do? How do you come up with new ideas? Hitting your head on the wall will not do the trick. Resorting to plagiarism will certainly put you in too much trouble. Overcoming a writer’s block is certainly a challenge.

How to Come Up with New Ideas

a. Allow your mind to wander. Do not limit your thoughts to only a specific set of ideas. Think of all the things that interest you and go from there. Do not put yourself in a box. You’d get stuck.
      b. Keep a small notebook and pen at hand. Jot down all your ideas. Sometimes, they come in the most inopportune moments, so always be prepared. Narrow them down to the ones that you can use now and those that you can use later.
      c. Learn to relax. If you’re stressed out, chances are, you’d find it more difficult to think of new ideas. Go for a drive, hit the gym, jog around the park – do anything that will help in your blood circulation.
      d. Look for inspiration. Search the web for things that will inspire you. Read through some of the things that other bloggers write about. Get a book and take a work or a sentence and let it inspire you.
      e. Talk to people. You’d be amazed at how much you’d learn from other people and how much you’d be inspired by them. You can argue or agree, and you can write about it. You can twists ideas or bring them to a higher level.
      f. Learn to question. By doing this, all sorts of things are introduced to you. You’d be swamped by ideas in no time.
      g. Look within. Your life is a great inspiration. Write about it.
      h. Read emails and forums. You’d find amazing stuffs that would inspire you.

JoAnn

You have posted 8 really good ideas here Lynn. Giving credit where credit is due.

Baggz1971

Darn, I have problems with this too. I do have millions of journals though that I go back to and get information from. I also used to create manuals for work on how to do things. It takes a lot out of me. Great resource thanks.

faxonfive

I was always told by my parents that I was a born thinker, now my husband tells me. I have found these tips useful when I have to create. I hope its helpful for you too 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks For writers and bloggers and such….- how to come up with new ideas…..