Mexican Chicken Casserole

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Mexican Chicken Casserole

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rtebalt

Serves 4

3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 green pepper, chopped 1-1/2 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed 1 can (15 oz.) no-salt-added black beans, drained, rinsed 1 tomato, chopped 2 whole wheat tortillas (6 inch) 1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided Make It
      HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook and stir chicken and cumin in nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 2 min. Add peppers; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa; cook 2 min. Add Neufchatel cheese; cook 2 min. or until melted. Stir in beans and tomatoes.

SPOON 1/3 of chicken mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with 1 tortilla and 1/2 each of remaining chicken mixture and shredded cheese. Top with remaining tortilla and chicken mixture; cover with foil.

BAKE 20 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted.

Janice Terrell

This sounds very good. Sometimes I wish there was more than just me to cook for. With it just being me here, lots of things sound good but a sandwich sounds easier and with less mess!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Mexican Chicken Casserole