Copycat Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Recipe

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Copycat Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Recipe

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      rtebalt

Copycat Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Recipe

* 1/2 cup Hershey’s cocoa
      * 1 cup sugar
      * 1 cup water
      * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      * 1 dash salt

Directions:

1. Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.

2. Add water, and mix until smooth.

3. Bring this mixture to a boil.

4. Boil for one minute, be careful this does not over boil.

5. Remove from heat and cool.

6. Add the vanilla.

Makes: 10 servings

candleladymn

Can this syrup be used in milk for chocolate milk? This sounds very interesting.

Thank you for this.

Linda

rtebalt

I would assume so??? I found this on a website & just thought it was interesting. I guess we’d just need to try it in milk to see if it mixes well, but I would think it would.

candleladymn

Thank you, I go through chocolate syrup alot I drink alot of chocolate milk. I love it – my waistline not sooooo much. lol

Linda

mdowdy

Wonder how long this keeps? Great recipe thanks

mardhines

I would think that since it is.. “cooked”.. that it would mix just fine in milk.

You could always just try it. If it doesn’t seem to mix well in cold milk, try warming the milk, not hot, just so that it isn’t …just out of the frig cold… then after mixing put back into the frig to chill, but I’m betting it will work fine in cold milk.

As a matter of fact, my gks go through… literally tons of this stuff, so i am going to make some and try it out on them lol… thanks for the post.

Basset Hound

I use equal parts of Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa, sugar and water. I boil it 1-2 minutes, then put it in the fridge. It thickens up enough to use on ice cream.

I have also customized the syrup with instant coffee, mint or almond extract (instead of vanilla) or with peanut butter.

Urallee

Gonna try this one. My grown son still wants chocolate in his milk.

Jane

@Urallee 255431 wrote:

Gonna try this one. My grown son still wants chocolate in his milk.

This recipe has been kicking around on Budget101 since the very beginning, I remember liss sharing this about 10 years ago on the yahoogroups list she ran.

You can see the step by step recipe with answers to your questions here:
      GroceryBudget101.com- – Almost Hersheys Chocolate Syrup

bob3053

Re: copycat Hershey’s chocolate syrup recipe
      Tried this it was great.

KarrieJudy

Thank-you so much for this! I grew up having herseys syrup over vanilla ice cream. Yum Yum

MsDebbie

I cant wait to try this and the various deviants from basset hound!

rebeccab

Can’t wait to try this. I’m trying to get plastic out of my life, so storing in glass is optimal for me.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Copycat Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Recipe