Your Chicken ~ Quick Chicken in Sauce

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Left Over Layering Your Chicken ~ Quick Chicken in Sauce

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

Your Chicken
      Bake, broil, fry, whatever your favorite chicken recipe is and reserve two cups chopped, cubed or shredded for the next recipe.

Quick Chicken in Sauce:angel1:
      2 cups reserved chicken
      1 10-oz can cream of chicken soup
      1/3 cup milk
      1/8 tsp nutmeg
      1/2 cup sour cream
      Combine the chicken, soup, milk, and nutmeg in a large skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat.

Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream, cover and heat for 2 to 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve.
      This is fabulous over spaghetti with crusty bread and a salad!

leeannhoy28

I make this all the time, it is super good and easy. I have never added nutmeg though, I will have to try that the next time I make it.

mos

nutmeg is one of my ‘secret’ ingredients;-) it gives it that, ‘wow! what is that little extra something flavor.’

leeannhoy28

I just bought some Nutmeg yesterday at the store, so I am going to try it!!

mos

great! experiment a little with it until you get that ‘what is that, that makes it so good?!’ but don’t go beyond the 1/2 tsp mark (unless a recipe calls for it) or it will be a give away.

depending on the amount being made, I stay in the ‘couple of dashes to a good pinch’ range;-) a good ‘secret’ ingredient for beef — a dash of cinammon! not only will you get the ‘what…’, but you’ll also get the it smells like…I dunno, but it smells good! LOL!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Left Over Layering Your Chicken ~ Quick Chicken in Sauce