JoAnn

cut-out cookies
      (gluten-free recipe)

makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies

1 cup sugar
      1 cup Butter, softened
      2 egg yolks
      1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
      2 1/4 cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see below)
      1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg yolks and vanilla.

Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour blend and salt. Beat until well mixed.

Cover – refrigerate until firm (1 hour).

Heat oven to 350°. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with shaped cutters.

Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.

Gluten-Free Flour Blend: To make Flour Blend, combine 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum. Store in container with tight-fitting lid — stir before using.

Use any shape cookie cutter, depending on the season.

Momo

I sent the link for this recipe to a cousin who has a daughter that’s on a gluten free diet. It’s nice to find – thanks!

faxonfive

This sounds yummy!!! Thanks!

JennyCup

Thank you! My brother recently moved in with us (due to a divorce) and cannot eat gluten. So I have been scouring places to find some gluten free recipes.

Can I use the gluten free all purpose baking mix from Bob’s Red Mill in place of the flour blend? I have been using this for gravy, pancakes, etc.

Pyxidragon

@JennyCup 99261 wrote:

Can I use the gluten free all purpose baking mix from Bob’s Red Mill in place of the flour blend? I have been using this for gravy, pancakes, etc.

Absolutely! And they turn out very well indeed. 🙂

Lyndie

I made these earlier today for my 10 year old son-he loved them! He doesn’t eat cookies unless I make them for him so it was quite a treat for him.

JoAnn

This is a really good Gluten-Free recipe. And an all time favorite in my house..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.