Paperback Christmas Tree

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Crafts & Homemade Items Paperback Christmas Tree

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      faxonfive

This Christmas tree is very easy to make from an old paperback book. (use can easily use a readers digest) This is an old craft that I learned when I was in elenemtary school and my kids and I love to sit and make – I hope you find this useful and enjoy 🙂

You will need:
      paperback book
      wooden star
      gold, silver or green spray paint
      utility knife or sharp paring knife

Choose a paperback book with a strong spine and remove the covers.
      Slice the spine with a sharp knife to separate the first 30 pages. This will make the first half of the tree. Begin folding the pages, From the outer most point inward First, fold the top right corner toward the spine to form a right angled triangle.Fold the triangle toward the spine again, The bottom edge of the page will overhang the bottom of the book.

Fold the overhanging triangle at the bottom of the book back up to form a straight line along the the bottom of page.Repeat with all thirty pages and set aside.
      Use the knife to slice another 30 pages from the book. Turn this section so the spine is on the right, rather than left. Repeat the steps above to create a mirror image.Glue the two halves of the Christmas tree together and add a wooden star at the top.Spray paint the tree all over.

You may need two or three coats for complete coverage.

:120103_emTE32_prv (

danghsia

do you have picture of this project
      IT wolud be nice to see

rtebalt

This is really cool! 🙂

faxonfive

Hey Danghsia, I dont have a picture, I can see if my daughter will take a picture of the tree she made last 🙂 Ill try 🙂

Harriet

This sounds so easy. My sisters are coming Sat… I plan to surprise them with this craft.

Thanks!

jamaicabraden

cool! hope you can post a photo of your artificial Christmas tree creation. btw, thanks for sharing the tips!

faxonfive

Hey yall!! No picture…..with all the moving – packing and loosing lots of things I wouldnt know where to put it……Since me and my BF are having a simply Christmas this year…this may be something we will do and I will see if I can get some pictures this time….lets see…

: )

Lynn

Recipequeen123

Not taking anyone’s thunder away, but I have seen these done up and they are gorgeous. I googled paper back christmas trees for a picture to show you. While they may not be like faxonfives paperback christmas trees, the photo does give you an idea as to what they look like when completed.

If I have stepped on someones toes, I apologize and won’t do it again. Have a most blessed day my friends. Edna Tutorial: Paperback Christmas Trees – kayla aimee: only slightly neurotic

faxonfive

Thank you for this…..its a great way to show how they are made as well…..Google is great isnt it??

God Bless!!

Lynney

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Crafts & Homemade Items Paperback Christmas Tree