Help! Looking for recipe!! :)

Holidays & Special Occasions Thanksgiving Help! Looking for recipe!! :)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      rtebalt

Hi guys! I am planning my Christmas dinner. (Yes, I’ve been planning it for about a month now!

🙂 ) ANyway, I’m trying to figure out the best, most efficient way to get everything done. I’m using a toaster oven to bake along with my oven. I was wondering if anyone had a good Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese recipe?

Or possible a Crock Pot Squash Casserole recipe? That way I can do something in the crock pot. Any ideas?

Thanks! 🙂

HSLINKS

Are you planning on a turkey? if so the grill does a beautiful job on it.. I used to hate turkey, but Bert does it on the grill (*some years in the snow) and it is so moist ..

I have NEVER had any luck with pasta in the new crockpots they get too hot and the pasta turns to mush even on low or warm. Pasta can be precooked and then frozen – don’t over cook it. Make your cheese sauce toss on top of the pasta and try cooking in the small oven

if you cook squash, potatoes etc before the day needed (you can probably do squash 2-3 days before) you can nuke to heat .. this gives you more time for other stuff

borrow some crockpots from friends or those who are coming – you can set them up anywhere to cook and leave you room in kitchen .. got a garage? or a table you can fit in your room temp for crockpots?

Our dump has a take away area, I grab any extra crocks that end up on it so I can change out (very handy for big meals)

See if anyone has another counter top stove .. They are handy little suckers LOL .. Dont forget to test it with a thermometer, otherwise you will have some stuff burn.

One of mine (the new one of course) runs wicked hot, the old one is better insulated and runs perfectly on the dot for temp

Do you want sweet or savory squash recipe?

I’m not sure if my butternut counts as a casserole since its not savory, but sweet instead. I cut it up and put in pot with lid and a little water, apple juice concentrate .. once soft, pull the squash (*?do you want it mashed or not) ..

cook down the liquid some more, add in cinnamon, a bit of maple syrup, honey, a dash of cayenne (it kicks up the flavors) .. I have been known to add in vanilla yogurt to smooth it. Its also great with raisins that have been plumped with water or rum.

Some years I have nuts and I will toss those in. I have also tossed into a pie shell and had for dessert – might sweeten it a bit more – only problem it never made it to the table – it got eaten in kitchen

Ria

tsgal

Might also check out Cooks.com. This is a great site for those hard to find recipes. I’ve found alot of great things on it.

mdowdy

Only thing I can think of in the crockpot would be the turkey or maybe soup. My grandma used to fix soup for Christmas every year.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holidays & Special Occasions Thanksgiving Help! Looking for recipe!! :)