Pumpkin Cake with Cream cheese frosting

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Pumpkin Cake with Cream cheese frosting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      beansthemama

This recipe is sooooooooo good, so good that my 5 year old who claims to hate pumpkin, has now requested it!

2 cups white sugar
      1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      2 cups canned pumpkin
      4 eggs
      2 cups all-purpose flour
      3 teaspoons baking powder
      2 teaspoons baking soda
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
      1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 12×18 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
      In a large bowl combine sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin, then beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared 12×18 inch pan.
      Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Cream cheese frosting:

1 Package of cream cheese, does not have to be at room temp
      2 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
      1 Tsp vanilla
      2 Tsp soft margrine

Trust me I have made a lot of cream cheese frosting recipes and this one is the best! Bakery style!:051:

rtebalt

Thanks! This sounds wonderful & easy! And, my hubbie LOVES pumpkin & he LOVES cream cheese frosting!!! This will be a wonderful surprise for him!!! 🙂

JoAnn

This is a wonderful recipe–I put it in my favorites..Homemade and very simple to make too.
      I know what dessert we are having this week ummmm.Thanks again..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Pumpkin Cake with Cream cheese frosting