Nonstick cooking spray
      1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil
      1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon
      1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      pinch ground black pepper
      1 1/2 pounds haddock or scrod
      juice of 2 limes (about 6 tablespoons)
      1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut in small chunks, or butter-flavored substitute
      Lemon and lime slices, for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the basil, tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly.

Place the haddock in the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with half of the herb mixture; turn the fish over, and sprinkle the remaining herb mixture over the fish. Drizzle the lime juice over and around the fish and top with the butter or butter-flavored substitute. Bake about 30 minutes or until the fish is flaky when tested with a fork, turning once during baking.

Garnish with lemon and lime slices if you like – it adds a nice zest to the fish!!
      Serve with a large salad and light vinaigrette dressing.

:tongue:

wilbe95

I have found some fish recently in the freezer section of my local grocery store for one $4.00 for 4 servings! This includes the Mahi Mahi . .

.I can get the kids to eat fish like crazy-I’m the one that is not the fan but I am learning to like it all for that price.

faxonfive

When hubby bakes the fish this way, I usually can eat it…its healthy too….

faxonfive

When hubby bakes the fish this way, I usually can eat it…its healthy too….I hope you enjoy..!!

🙂

Lynn

faxonfive

My husband does a nice job of cooking the fish so that I like it…I am kinda not a seafood person either…lol 🙂

JoAnn

:001:Well ladies,
      I’m a seafood person. And love fish of all kinds
      except Catfish
      I have tried it many ways and just can’t get passed the smell.

Haddock is a very mild fish, I like to bread it at times and fry it. But baking it is the idea way (very healthy).

Cod is another cheaper fish that you can find in the frozen food dept. If the kids and family like fish.

Baking fish like the recipe Lynn posted is the best way. I don’t like lime so I always use lemon juice.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.