Crafting/Sewing Freebie Samples ~ Question

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Crafts & Homemade Items Crafting/Sewing Freebie Samples ~ Question

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jkpjohnson

Good Morning,
      Does anyone know of any sites or stores (in mn) that have crafting /sewing freebie samples? i love to try out new crafts, but buying full size products, then discovering that you do not enjoy the activity can cost $$$$$$$$. any ideas?

faxonfive

I dont know of any but I sure would be interested!!

Pyxidragon

come in the form of demos from the local craft stores. They let you try whatever product they’re trying to sell at no cost and if you don’t like it, you can just walk away. I’ve made chocolate suckers, potholders, beaded necklaces, millifore-style clay beads, aprons, too many foam creations to count, and the list just goes on and on.

For a little money, you can take a one day class through the local craft stores, parks & recreation, or a community college. Here in the Seattle area, they range from $10 to $50.

If you’re into scrapbooking, you can go here to digitally scrap for free. the best part about digital scrapping (imho) is that you have all the resources of the web to decorate your scrapbooks for free! no bulky tubs to hold papers/buttons/etc and you don’t have to store the books either.

you can try your local goodwill or other thrift store too. a lot of people drop off crafting items there that they never got into or liked or whatnot. it’s also a great way to get inexpensive fabric (in the form of sheets or old clothes) that can be turned into something else.

while this’ll never be the latest-and-greatest, i’m betting you’ll find something you’ve never tried before.

family & friends are also a great resource for materials & instruction.

hope that gets you started. good luck!
      denise

wilbe95

Sew News Home

At the bottom of this page there are some different ideas of craft projects. On the left side there is a link for free patterns-lots of skirts and bags, etc.
      Explorer the site. There is also a news library that will give ideas for different things.

JoAnn

Kim,

Started looking at this site,and it does have alot of info. I’ve been thinking about getting a sewing machine for quilting but didn’t know what kind to start w/. The site has info on this so I will have to keep reading here today.

I do all my sewing by hand. Thanks Kim

faxonfive

I do all my sewing by hand also JoAnn. I wish I knew how to use a machine. I have one but am scared of it!!

I love the site Kim!! Thanks!! I have signed up on a web site to learn to quilt but I am waiting to find the time to take a class to learn to use the machine…LOL…I love the ideas on here also!!

Thanks again!!

wilbe95

I love to sew but prefer to do it with a machine 🙂
      I also love to embroider and do have a small embroidery machine.
      Free patterns are heaven sent for gifts especially in today’s situation.
      I do some sewing by hand-but really do not have the patience waiting for the end result.

faxonfive

I also belong to a local cross-stick pattern swap group at our church….that is fun!! Lots of ideas and there are even a couple ladies that create teir own and include them in our swaps!!

janetaba

I agree – the demo’s are awesome! I’ve even taken a few classes (low cost ones) and enjoyed them.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Crafts & Homemade Items Crafting/Sewing Freebie Samples ~ Question