Bath Salts

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mmclean11

I love bath salts! Actually, I love ANYTHING that deals with taking a bath, this stuff can be so expensive so I started doing some searching and man, did I come up with a lot of stuff. The nice thing is that the salts can be made in a variety of fragrances and you can make the fragrance as weak or as strong as you like.

You can find essential oils at several stores online or you can use fragrances at craft stores, just make sure they are skin safe. You can add just one essential oil or play around to find different fragrances. You can also layer the bath salts in the container.

Make your bath salts but leave the food coloring out. Seperate the batch and add coloring to differing degrees of shade (or leave one part white), then layer.

Basic Bath Salts–I’ve always used glass bowls to make the salts. I’ve found that using plastic bowls can discolor or keep the fragrance in the plastic.

Salt – (your choice: Epsom, Sea or Kosher Salt, I personally like using a combination of epsom and sea salt but epsom salt can easily be found at Wal-Mart)
      Baking soda (softens your skin)
      Essential oil of your choice
      Food coloring optional

Pour the salt, the essential oils, and a few drops of food coloring into the bowl. Fill the jar. When it’s time to use the bath salts, pour the mixture into the bathtub and add warm water.

Stir the water so the salt dissolves.

tina30219

I love bath salts as well but I don’t like the feel of them in the water. I got some at my chuch craft bazar that is like the salt scrub but they are actually bath salts. I wish I could figure out how to make them it would sure save me some money.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.