Recipes » Mix Recipes » Bread Mixes » Yeast Bread Mixes » Old Fashioned White Bread Mix

Old Fashioned White Bread Mix

fb iconpinterest iconpinterest iconlinkedin iconbuffer icon

Making bread used to be a daunting task, kneading and kneading and letting it rise and then kneading some more. Bread machines have taken nearly all of the work out of making homemade fresh bread. To make this process even easier, you can make bread mixes ahead of time and have your bread machine doing ALL of the work in under 5 minutes flat.

Old fashioned white bread mix is a make ahead homemade convenience bread maker mix recipe to save time and money. The mix can be stored in the pantry for up to a year.

b101 old fashioned white bread recipe

Bread Machine Note: The Bread machine that I used for the bread (displayed in the photo) is the West Bend High Rise (dual paddle) model. Although this recipe should work fine in any Bread Machine. You can get them here on Amazon.

How to Prepare a Homemade Bread Mix, without a Bread Machine

Don’t have a Bread machine?- Here are the directions for making it by hand or by a mixer.

Tried this recipe? Mention @Budget101com or tag #Budget101

Love this Old Fashioned White Bread Mix Recipe? Pin it!

Make your own Old fashioned White Bread mix for Bread Machines- this delicious, simple recipe makes creating homemade bread a breeze. #BreadMixes #breadmachine #fromscratch #budget101

View More Bread Mixes

See More Mixes

11 thoughts on “Old Fashioned White Bread Mix”

1. i am new to making bread, even with the help of a machine! i attempted this bread with all purpose flour so that i can see the difference when i make it next with bread flour. it definitely could have used some more rising, but i don’t know if the additional rising would also help with the saltiness.

i may reduce the amount of salt with the next batch.

• I am new to making bread, even with the help of a machine! I attempted this bread with all purpose flour so that I can see the difference when I make it next with bread flour. It definitely could have used some more rising, but I don’t know if the additional rising would also help with the saltiness.

I may reduce the amount of salt with the next batch.

*Update: I picked up some bread flour and had to give this recipe another shot! Boy am I glad I did, so delicious. It smelled amazing while it was baking so I had to try some as soon as it done.

Well, that’s the good news. The bad news is that I think I ruined for store bought bread now!

2. i have not dug out my bread machine since i moved several months ago. your mixes have inspired me to get it out of the box and put it to work! i look forward to some hot, fresh, tasty bread!

thanks so much.:beaverhug:

3. i pulled out the bread machine and dusted it off today just to make this. yum yum yum… i had stopped using my bread machine a while back.

i think it is time to keep it on the counter now that i know i can make up the mix ahead of time amid have it all ready to go. thanks for this recipe!!!

4. i too pulled out my bread machine today…i can’t wait until the morning when i make my first home made bread in months! :mornincoffee: & some fresh bread.who could ask for more

5. i haven’t had success making a loaf of bread in my machine that doesn’t fall. any tips on how to keep dough from falling while baking?

Leave a Comment