1-1/2 tsp baking powder
      1 tsp baking soda
      1/2 tsp salt
      1-1/2 cups milk
      1/2 cup light cream or evaporated milk
      2 eggs
      3 tbs melted butter
      more butter
      In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a wire whisk until combined.
      In small bowl, combine milk, cream, eggs, and melted butter and beat until smooth. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.

Cover batter and let stand for 10 minutes.
      While the batter is standing, heat a griddle to 350 degrees F. Lightly rub the griddle with a tablespoon of butter. When a drop of water sizzles when dropped onto the griddle, use a 1/4 cup measure to pour four circles of batter onto the griddle.
      Cook until the edges look dry and bubbles form and just begin to burst, about 2-4 minutes.

Turn the pancakes and cook for 1-2 minutes on second side just until golden. The second side of the pancake will never get as brown as the first – that’s okay.
      shame smilie

coryjenkinscpa1

Great recipe…..thank you for sharing on this.

mos

This is the way that my great-granny made breakfast on Sunday for her and great-grandpappy! Apparently this was something special for the two of them. When visiting, the rest of us had to be happy with cornmeal mush!

LOL! I was glad that we visited infrequently because they didn’t have indoor plumbing and had to use an out-house and pump water from an outdoor well. Great-granny was an exceptional cook and fortunately shared some wonderful recipes that I’ve adapted here thanks to technology, but it was apparently her focus to take care of her and her mangiggle smiley

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.