Bread pan cleaning~

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Bread pan cleaning~

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      rockin grandma

Help ! I have 2 of my hubbys grandmothers bread pans. They are quilted but black,black,black.

I would really love to use them and have tried almost everything to clean them to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions Please let me know..and Thanks in advance !

myrab51

I have had pretty good success with enzyme based oven cleaners. Spray it on, put it in a garbage bag, and close it up for a few days. You should be able to scrub it off after that.

willowwend

This is my “go to” for getting old, dried on, baked on, burnt on blackness off my pots and pans…

POTS
      Coat bottom of pot with baking soda. Add enough water to cover baking soda well (should not make a paste – should be very wet).
      Heat thoroughly to boiling. Let boil about 5-15 minutes, using a whisk or fork to dislodge black remnants.

When water is reduced to half, remove pot from heat, carefully. Dump dirty water and proceed to rinse using hot water and a gentle brush (do not use brush if pot has non-stick coating). Repeat process if necessary.

PANS
      Since it is a baking pan, you can do this in the oven.
      Preheat oven to 450. Place pan in oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, boil 3 c.

water. Remove pan from oven and coat bottom with baking soda. FILL pan 3/4 full with boiled water (this may be easier & safer when pan is sitting on oven rack).

Return pan to oven for 30 – 60 minutes, using a whisk or fork every 10 minutes to dislodge any particles. Continue process from here, only use great caution when removing hot pan from oven to prevent sloshing of hot liquid.

Good luck. I hope these work for you.

rockin grandma

Thanks for the tips. I did want to use *natural* cleaners and will try the baking soda. Will let you know if it works !!!

rockin grandma

Thanks so much…I wanted to keep it as natural as I could so think I will try the baking soda tip & see how that works first…..I appreciate you taking the time to answer me…Have a great day !

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Bread pan cleaning~