mos

Blue Flower Chive Omelet
      4 eggs
      4 tbs milk
      Salt and pepper to taste
      2 tbs minced chives
      3 tbs butter
      About a dozen or so chive blossoms, gently washed and dried
      Melt the butter in a frying pan. Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and chives in a blender and pour into the hot, buttered pan. As the edges of the omelet begin to set, reduce the heat somewhat and with a spatula turn the uncooked eggs to the bottom of the skillet until they are all cooked.
      Sprinkle the washed chive blossoms across the top of the eggs and then fold the omelet over and let cook another few minutes. Serve. Yield: 2 servings
      purr smilie

xstepmom

I don’t think I ever stopped to think about what color a chive flower is, lol. This sounds delicious, thank you for sharing Mos!

mos

giggle smiley As I learned from my DD, the herbologist (she’s certified to make medicinal teas, tinctures, and dietary recommendations), there are a lot of blossoms that we can consume. While visiting her, she asked me to include petals from day lilies in her garden in a chef’s salad that I was making for our lunch. I was skeptical, but it was fabulous! They provided a mild sweet taste that blended well!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Blue Flower Chive Omelet