Holidays » Christmas, Winter Solstice, Yule » Marshmallow Cocoa Stirrers

Marshmallow Cocoa Stirrers

fb iconpinterest iconpinterest iconlinkedin iconbuffer icon

Delight your kids, friends, and neighbors with these deliciously fun Marshmallow Hot Chocolate stirrers! Package a few with some homemade cocoa and you’ve got an instant gift for under $5!

marshmallow-cocoa-stirrers

First, this recipe calls for marshmallows. You can use store-bought if you like, but if you really want to make these special you can make your own follow the marshmallow recipe here, then simply cut the marshmallows out using a tiny gingerbread man cookie cutter, you can make them light brown by adding 2 tablespoons of baking cocoa to the mixture)

You’ll Need:

These are so simple, the kids will enjoy creating them.

Step #1: Break off the hook end off of the candy cane.
Step #2: Insert it into a marshmallow.

Step #3: Using the edible pens (I prefer Americolor Gourmet Writers) add designs. Some ideas include snowflakes, steaming mugs of cocoa, candy canes, snowman faces, etc

To add designs using colored sprinkles you’ll need water, sprinkles and a fine paintbrush.

“Paint” the design of your choice onto the marshmallow with water and roll in colored sprinkles. You’ll need to work fast as the water will evaporate leaving gaps in your design.

How to Draw A snowflake:
First, Draw an “X”
Draw a line through the middle of the “X”
Add various size “V”s or dots, as desired.

View More Holiday Ideas

View More Christmas & Yule Ideas

8 thoughts on “Marshmallow Cocoa Stirrers”

1. :jar: omg, these are so cute! what an amazingly simple idea! i made cocoa and coffee mixes for christmas this year.

i cant wait to make some of these to go with them

2. adorable! i will try these, along with the home made cocoa. it would be fun to use cherry sticks also for a cherry cocoa treat.

neat!

3. making these today! i’m using hershey’s chocolate mint candy canes, i almost got carmel and vanilla and chocolate and vanilla marshmallows, but i thought the candy canes were enough flavoring! with strawberry marshmallows, and pumpkin shaped ones, these aren’t just limited to christmas!

thanks for sharing!

Leave a Comment