Newbie from beautiful Colorado

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Newbie Intro’s Newbie from beautiful Colorado

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Colokat

Happy holiday weekend, everyone!! I’ve been using ideas and recipes from this site for about a month now and have loved everything I’ve seen. I’m seeking advice on a project I’d like to create so I’m hoping by posting, someone out there will have some wisdom to share with me.

I’d like to create reusable cleaning wipes that will be safe for my kids to use (ages 10 and 7). Basically what I have in mind is cut up old t-shirts that sit in some type of solution (and, not too much solution where the wipes are drippy) that can be pulled out of a sealed container for quick wipe up jobs – like, cleaning the wood dinner table after a meal or wiping jelly off a painted wall. So, my hopes are that the solution be made of no harmful chemicals, be powerful enough to take up some serious kid mess, and be safe for lots of different surfaces.

Is this possible? Would I need to worry about the cloth getting moldy?

Any thoughts I’d really appreciate! Thanks in advance for your time!

Virginia

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, ColoKat! Good to have you here. Enjoy!

You might find something in the Household Recipes Section that would meet your needs. If not, just ask and hopefully someone will have some ideas for you. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks; Virginia

Colokat

Thanks so much tor the tip, Virginia! I did try a hybrid of the swifter wets refills and so far it is working great

retiredgal

you may also be able to find more idea on pinterest and bring it back here to share with your findings.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Newbie Intro’s Newbie from beautiful Colorado