1 chicken
      1 cup flour
      1 egg
      1/2 cup milk
      2 tsp. garlic powder
      1 tsp. paprika
      1 tsp. black pepper
      1 tsp salt

Prepare one frying chicken. Prepare flour mixture by mixing dry ingredients. Prepare milk and egg mixture, and add 1 tablespoon of flour to the mixture. Dip chicken in egg mixture, again in flour mixture, repeat, and shake well. Fry in hot grease, with chicken pieces half covered in Crisco, and well spaced, until brown, then turn. Cover with lid for 7-8 minutes on low heat, and then brown on higher heat. Drain on paper towels.

JoAnn

Lynn, I’m really glad that you are posting these recipes.
      Because I usually use a handful of this and a dash of that. And your recipe look alot like mine.
      Now I can save these recipes for my boys–I don’t have to do figuring. When I do my chicken I like to also use buttermilk when I have some on hand–oh my I certainly like fried Chicken . I can smell it cooking for dinner Sunday. Thanks again

rtebalt

This sounds yummy!!! Thanks!!! 🙂

mbabb29340

Can’t wait to try this one. My family LOVES Chicken. Sounds yummy!

tsgal

Thanks for all the recipes Lynn, you have been posting some good ones lately. I do love fried chicken, I can already taste it….yum yum!!

faxonfive

I relay on Arron doing alot of the cooking here!! And this recipe goes great with chicken when it is on sale!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Southern Fried Chicken