Mixes etc.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Jenn,
      I'm going to respond to your first question–which in all honesty I'm not sure I can answer–but here is my opinion. Yesterday I tried a recipe for a mix–thinking that it would be yummy and save money…but as I watched my husband eat (I was delayed in eating due to grandbaby's needs), I could see that something was wrong. He is such a gooood husband–so unspoiled–all he would say is that his broccoliwasperfectly cooked.

I took note of the fact that this item was the last on his plate. (He knows that my life long “tradition” has been that if you don't like something on your plate–eat it first so that you can cover up the taste with the better food.)

Later when I sat down to eat…O my goodness…the mix i made was horrid! i instantly apologized to him for serving up such nastiness! (he works extremely long hours to provide for us–so i try my best for him and usually he raves–in a good way–about my cooking.

lol! the funny thing is that i usually taste stuff before i serve it–but got distracted yesterday.) i am sure that i followed the recipe correctly–but my advice is to please–make sure you like the recipe before you make it in quantity–like i had planned to do–otherwise it won't be a savings!
      Good luck!
      Sheri

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Jennifer Armstrong <tommyandjenn@cox.net> wrote:

I am a newbie mother of a 3yo and wife to a great dh. I am trying to
      save money any way possible. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Does making your own mixes really save a lot of money?

2. What are the staples in your pantry? I know everyone is different

but I am just trying to get some ideas to make sure I am properly
      stocked.

Thanks,

Jenn

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.