Traveling without credit cards

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Traveling without credit cards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Yea I never heard that a hotel putting a hold on it, but I would think a car rental place would just like they do when you rent a uhual which is how I know they can put a hold on a cc.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Monica <mommyof2gals@comcast.net> wrote:

>>That isn't true. They will still put a hold on it if that is there policy.

They can put holds on credit cards as well.<<

That surprises me to hear.

I apologize if I gave out false info. It has always been my understanding that they are accepted the same as ccs because the logo holder (visa/mc) guarantees the payment just like they do on the cc.

The same way they protect the purchaser the same as they do cc holders on purchases.

We do not use credit cards and have used a visa debit card exclusively for 10+years and I have NEVER had a hold put on my account for reservations of any type in all that time and we travel a lot.

Hmmm?

Im curious which hotels will do that because I do not want to use them.

The only exception that I have ever run across was at the gas pump.

My dh entered the pin instead of running it as a credit card. They put a $100 hold on our account which was a pain.

Maybe the hotels and car rentals will put a hold if you use your pin instead of running it like a cc as well? That might explain it.

Monica

“If you put garbage in a computer, nothing comes out but garbage.

But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine, is somehow ennobled and none dare criticize it.” – Anonymous

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Traveling without credit cards