adhd melinda

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Yes I have, and it does help in some cases, in Matt's case he didn't have fits like that he was to busy trying to please. And the only touching issues with him are things in his hand. As a small kid there were some things in his mouth issues but they are long gone now.

He was never standoffish or don't touch me. But not knowing what caused him to be the way he is back then we hugged him all the time. Plus grandmother would carry him around a lot.

So by the time he was 12 months he had learned to like being touched. But he cried a lot the first few months and now I wonder if that was what his problem was. That he didn't want to be picked up or touched.

Also he's very social, he does get quiet at times in public but he can go into the gas station and get a pop etc on his own. In 7th grade he was in a talent show and they sang the song. I don't remember now were they were from some Autism organization but there were two ladies that came to see him in the talent show because they had never known of even a Asperger's kid being able to do that.

But he didn't it, then even danced a little bit. The song was Bye Bye Bye by the Back Street Boys He did it with another guy and two girls. The guy was the first peer that accepted him as he is and was a friend.

His one on one also encouraged him to raise his hand, I think that one thing really helped him. There was another Asperger's kid there a year younger that was very non social his mom treated him like he was disabled where as I treated Matt as much like a normal kid as I could.

Candy

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:06 PM, melinda irvin <moon_goddess129@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yes, she does walk on her toes all the time and has since birth. I spoke with her therapist today and found out there are many different types of autism and that she thinks my daughter has one. We are now doing a brushing therapy with her where I brush her body three or four times a day.

It is supposed to giver her an outlet for the hyperactivity and help her to learn to deal with touch. The therapist said that if we can do it at home four times a day in two weeks or less we should see dramatic improvements. I was able to brush her three times today, the first time was a battle,the second time was a battle but not as bad and the third time she cooperated.

I am very excited that maybe this will help although I was cautioned it will not cure her, only help her to deal with these urges that bring on the fits. Have you ever heard of this type of therapy before?

Candy Holbert <candy.program@gmail.com> wrote:

The throwing stuff is a bi polar thing tho it could be ADHD. Matt
      never threw anything or been agressive in anyway and he's the on that
      has Asperger's. But at the same time the not liking to be touched is a

classic Autism sign. Does she do any hand flapping or toe walking (
      it's when they are walking up on their toes all the time)? Now as far
      as the Autism goes I haven't really been around any other kids, but as

I understand it most kids that are Autistic have at least two of the
      three things. But this was also close to 10 years ago too.

On 3/15/08, melinda irvin
      <moon_goddess129@yahoo.com> wrote:
      > I have never really thought about autism before and I really don't know what
      > it is. She is not unconfortable when she has a fit it usually occurs because

> we do not do what she wants when she wants it done. When she threw her
      > container of chocolate milk she wanted her dad to turn and look at her right
      > now and he was driving and could not turn. I was speaking to my husband and

> she wanted us to stop talking and when we did not she threw the milk
      > container. The time she almost killed her kitty she was angry because I
      > would not go to the store and buy her a toy. The kitty survived and today

> they are inseperable. She has really good days and really bad days and
      > nothing in the middle. Either all good or all bad.

The ritalin helps her
      > some but when the patch is close to being changed she gets worse
      and right
      > after I put a new one on she is bad. It is about a two hour span and then
      > she evens out in her moods again. Her therapist says she hates to be touched
      > and is doing touch
      > therapy wiith her now.

Do autistic children behave this way? What causes

> autism?
      >
      > Erica Hager <ericahager2005@yahoo.com> wrote:
      > melinda that also sounds like autism with the fits and
      > repetetive behavior and throwing shoes out car window — could the shoe

> throwing be that there was something uncomfortable and she couldnt express
      > it?
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

> now.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with
      Yahoo! Mobile. Try it
      > now.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.