Keeping the lunch cold at school

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Keeping the lunch cold at school

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

You can buy juice boxes on sale and freeze them. By lunch time, it will bethawed so he can drink it and lunch is kept cool. Or, you can make your own ice pack by combining water with a couple of drops of food coloring and a bit of rubbing alcohol.

Double bag it in ziplock baggies and freeze.

It will be frozen but not solid.
      Kelli

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101
      Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:32 AM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Keeping the lunch cold at school

Hello,

I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh. We used quality forreduced lunch for him but this year we dont, now we have to pay $2.10 pr day, which we find expensive. We still let him eat hot lunch at school but only 2 days a week,he picks the days him self, the other 3 days I pack a school lunch for him.How do you manage to keep your kidslunch cold, without buying any expensive lunchboxes or coolers etc.I do have a few lunch boxes, but without built in coolers – any great suggestions.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Maja, mn

trænger du til at se det store billede? kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på lcd tv!

no virus found in this incoming message.
      checked by avg free edition.
      version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.8/1063 – Release Date: 10/11/2007 9:11 AM
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Keeping the lunch cold at school