In defense of chore based allowance . . .

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children In defense of chore based allowance . . .

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss

>>You don’t get paid for cleaning your own house, do you? << I sure do get paid for cleaning my own house! I am a sahm. i clean the house, take care of the kids, pay the bills, plan the menus etc. that is my job. and for doing my job, i get my piece of the family money each and every paycheck. if i sat around like a slug all day and didn’t do my job, i wouldn’t be deserving of the family money. my kids job at 6 & 9 is to keep their stuff picked up (in and out of their room), the pets cared for, the trash taken out, dishes, and to do their best in school. For doing their job, they get their piece of the family money. even if they start working as teens, if they want their piece of our money, they will need to continue to keep their stuff tidy and other chores complete. they are taught that all jobs, both in and out of the house, are valuable and necessary to the running of a family and that by doing them they get their fair share of family money. monica

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children In defense of chore based allowance . . .