True to my profile

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      CulArtStudent

My profile says (under hobbies) that I collect small appliances.

Technically, that’s the nice version of it…for I am a self-proclaimed small appliance w h o r e . I have almost every single small appliance you can think of. They love me, I love them…it’s a mutual love for one another.

My family (namely my husband) thinks they take up space because I use them a few times and then set them aside and don’t use them again.

Take for example, the ice cream maker — I used it three times, and decided I didn’t like using it anymore, so I set it up on top of my cabinets where other relics live and it just sits there.

My fear is that I will get rid of it, and then suddenly get the urge to use it and I won’t have it anymore.

That’s what happened with the fondue set that I won at a Christmas party where my husband used to work… I was playing poker for prizes against his boss (the hotel general manager) and I beat his socks off, so I got to take his unwrapped gift… I didn’t use that fondue set one time, and hubby sold it at a yard sale when I wasn’t looking.

Not a marriage ender, but he was in the dog house for a good long while for that incident (never thought about making a bread brick at that time…).

Today I received my first ever pressure cooker and a 2 basket Presto Fry Daddy… just thinking about all the stuff I can now deep fry makes my head whirl (and my stomach hurt).

Corn dogs, deep fried oreos, deep fried pickles, yummmmmmm mo!! The ideas are almost endless, why if I had my way, I would find a way to deep fry butter!

My latest acquisitions were the food saver (which sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t work) and my baby pops cake sucker thingy…I don’t know what it’s called, but I’ve used it once, and realized that getting the damn cake to stay on the stick is more challenging than the tutorials admit…

I bought a cotton candy machine for my best friend’s daughter’s 7th birthday… I want one!! oh, that and a sno-cone machine…

i just have to find a space on the relics shelf to put these things, because you know, that’s where it’s all going to end up — eventually.

Urallee

I have run out of space. I must find room for a hot chocolate machine only used once.

CulArtStudent

what does a hot chocolate machine look like? *perk* that’s one I’ve never seen before… Is it like a Keurig?

(I have 2 of those) LOL

Donnie

Hot chocolate machines look about like a Kurig. Take a walk through Wal-Mart small appliances, you should see one there. “Perk” I believe comes from Percolate.

Which is how coffee use to be made. The water boils and goes up through a tube and then runs over the top of coffee grounds until the coffee is as strong as you like. Nothing beats coffee made the old fashioned way.

sassy3

Funny! I guess we all have “our” things that we like to cling to. LOL For me, it’s sewing machines.

I just see such a beauty in the old antique kinds. However, those are a little harder to find nooks or crannies to hide them in. sewing smilie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.