Just a vent —

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      CulArtStudent

either I need to start drinking — heavily — scream… or just cry.

🙁

4 major term papers due in the next 2 weeks — 2 of them are research papers 10 pages or longer, 12 sources cited, annotated bibliography all in MLA format

2 major (read worth half your grade) group projects and presentations

4 final exams

4 final quizes

and to make it worse, I think I am going through pre-menopause. I feel like a Katy Perry song “you’re hot then you’re cold, you’re yes then you’re no, you’re in and you’re out, you’re up and you’re down…”

CulArtStudent

my term papers are:

51 years later, this place is still hot: Centralia, PA mine fire

Hand Washing in the culinary workplace: how to prevent the spread of disease

Triangle Fire: the legislative effects on the American society

Living greenly: How to decipher your part amongst the political money machine

bethaliz6894

I vote for drinking and crying at the same time. maybe with a little scream on and off on the side. 🙂

your work load sounds horrendous.

I wish you luck on getting done with your sanity in tact.

Ann

CulArtStudent

Hand Washing is done — 14 pages, annotated bibliography, MLA format (prezi half completed)
      Centralia is done — 10 pages, annotated bibliography, works cited and MLA format (just need to make the prezi for it)

Triangle fire has all backwork done and cited (did you know that almost EVERY single Federal agency we have stems from a catastrophic event?) — this one is a big one … it’s supposed to be upwards of 18 pages…

I don’t believe in the whole global warming crap, so Living Green is going to be a challenge.

In the meantime, all my farmville animals starved to death today, and most of my crops died on farmtown — *sigh*

CulArtStudent

and I have a Sanitation exam tomorrow. :/ (with the national certification exam next Thursday).

bethaliz6894

is your case load normally this high?

the only way I could get an 18 page report would be to use font 46 😀

CulArtStudent

@bethaliz6894 284485 wrote:

ROTFLOL!!

Last semester, 3 of my classes had no tests, and 2 of those had no term papers (only 1 page reviews) — those 2 classes were Tour Classes …. every class period we toured a facility of some kind (restaurant, spa, hotel, resort, etc)

CulArtStudent

my course load presently is 14 credit hours — and I am set to transfer to Eastern Michigan University to finish my major (and my minor of Journalism), so I will expect my course load to be between 18 and 20 credit hours per semester.

bethaliz6894

By the time you get out of school, you are going to wonder what to do with yourself.

MrsPaws

@bethaliz6894 284485 wrote:

is your case load normally this high?

OMG!!!
      When I read that, I almost dropped my Diet Coke…Too funny!!!! 😀
      :To funny:

CulArtStudent

heh… if Bethaliz were in school doing term papers, she might wing them at someone (I know I want to). :/

bethaliz6894

@CulArtStudent 285299 wrote:

heh… if Bethaliz were in school doing term papers, she might wing them at someone (I know I want to). :/

I would probably be winging them at people when they were still ‘in’ the computer. 😀

CulArtStudent

Ok, so my term paper for English — it has to be 10+ pages … my instructor told me that she does NOT want a 50 page term paper….

but I am in trouble — I already have 8 pages, and I am only 1/5 of the way done… perhaps she will accept a 40 page term paper? :/

Here is my thesis statement:

Legislation, as a direct result of catastrophic events, has altered American society; this paper will enlighten the reader as to where our laws came from, and how they changed who we are as United States Citizens today.

bethaliz6894

reading you thesis statement gives me an anxiety attack. I am sooooo glad that I am not in school. 🙂

CulArtStudent

my original “goal” in college was to attend law school … until I realized 2 years into my bachelors degree, that law school (3 years) would set me back — on the cheap end — $180,000….without a job at the end. So I refocused and went into Culinary & Hospitality Management…

but I ABSOLUTELY ADORE law — especially SCOTUS cases.

bethaliz6894

from law to food. that is a BIG change. 🙂

CulArtStudent

two passions 🙂 great outcome 🙂

bethaliz6894

I can make so many jokes about combing the 2 fields, but I will refrain.

gloria7819

Goodness, you have a lot to get done in a short period of time. I think my days are crazy sometimes keeping up with two little boys. I wouldn’t trade them for school work.

I hope you get everything done on time and make excellent grades!

CulArtStudent

well the rough draft that is due on Thursday is done — 3315 words — 14 pages…

have another term paper rough draft due on “living a green lifestyle” — haven’t even started it yet….
      (it’s also due on Thursday).

someone should shoot me. LOL

Frugal Mom

Sounds like finals to me. At least you can use a computer to write your stuff. I had to use a manual typewriter as there were no computers then.

Menopause can be a pain and I am so glad to be done with that.

Good thoughts being sent your way…

bethaliz6894

can you imagine doing this with babies?

Good luck on writing your paper on green living.

CulArtStudent

I did this on a typewriter when I was in college the first time around (before I served 18 years in the Navy)… it wasn’t even an electric typewriter or have correction tape… it just compounded the sucking quality.

and I don’t have to imagine going to college with little ones — I had 3 of them when I continued my college education while serving in the Navy…

bethaliz6894

My parents still have the manual typewriters. and it still works. they were a pain to use.

I don’t see how anyone could actually have developed any type of speed. my kids are younger. my oldest just turned 12 and my youngest is 7.

i barley can read one chapter of a book when they are around, let alone type a 30 page paper. I really do envy you being able to do this. 🙂

CulArtStudent

LOL … on manual machines, my typing speed, error-free was 52… on my keyboard now, though, my speed is 89 words per minute, error-free.

gotta love it. 🙂

both term papers are done now — the second one (also due tomorrow) is called “Living Green is a Hoax” and the thesis statement is: “Sustainable Living, Living Green, and Global Warming are nothing more than perpetuating lies fed to us by scientists and former politicians to turn a quick buck at the weak-minded’s expense.” (that will go over like a fart in church, since the college I attend firmly believes in global warming). Leave it to me to strike panic in the hearts of the sheeple.

LOL

bethaliz6894

It has been a long time since I tested my typing skills. When I type papers for work and I need to have them error free, I probably type 70+. The last time I was timed, 22 years ago, I was on a typewriter and typed 45 WPM.

The computer is much faster.

In regards to your term paper…I kind of agree with you. I think there may be a problem, however, I don’t think it is going to destroy the world. The ice age came and gone, which to me, weather changes…all the time.

if the life of the world was 24 hours, man would only have been her for 12 minutes. pretty arrogant of mankind to think they can destroy something so big and so massive in such a short period of time. man just isn’t that good.

I do recycle and I do reuse a lot. I try to go natural when possible. not because of global warming but because of my frugal nature which was around a long time before the formal politicians you mentioned above.

I think if the watchdog groups and EPA were around a billion years ago the original dinosaur would still exist today.

CulArtStudent

I am not talking about doing things because it’s all you can afford or to make dollars stretch… I am talking about people who think that you MUST invest in solar panels and $20 light bulbs because it’s all YOUR fault that the earth is warming (in fact the earth has been in a cooling pattern for over 20 years…we better hope it starts getting warmer soon).

bethaliz6894

I am wrapped up in a blanket, windows closed and freezing because of global ‘warming’.

I bet your paper is going to go over about as easy as it would be to convince a vegan that ‘milk does a body good’. 😀 global warming seems to be the big bandwagon everyone has jumped on. if you don’t agree, then you need to be ousted.

I will be standing out in the cold with you.

CulArtStudent

lol… my reviewer for the living green paper was also a firm anti-global warming fan, and was excited to read that paper…

he also gave his recommendations to add more to my other term paper — but aside from simple grammatical errors, he loved that paper too, and wants me to enroll in his creative writing class next fall — we shall see. 🙂

now 2 group demonstrations left to go, a National Certification Exam, and final exams left … whew. :/

(one presentation is on Centralia, PA and the other presentation is on hand washing and it’s part to stop disease in the Culinary field)

bethaliz6894

happy dance!!! you are almost done for this year. how many more years do you have to go?

Liss

@CulArtStudent 286226 wrote:

Leave it to me to strike panic in the hearts of the sheeple. LOL

OMG, I just found a new use for reusing those plastic bags that are being discussed here… I’m going to line my chair with them before I read your posts! I just about lost it when I read “Sheeple” that is the funniest dang thing I have read in a LONG time!

AngryLioness

@bethaliz6894 286325 wrote:

I am wrapped up in a blanket, windows closed and freezing because of global ‘warming’.

I bet your paper is going to go over about as easy as it would be to convince a vegan that ‘milk does a body good’. 😀 global warming seems to be the big bandwagon everyone has jumped on. if you don’t agree, then you need to be ousted.

I will be standing out in the cold with you.

Hehe, haven’t you heard, it’s Global Climate Change now, not global warming. Although we’re more inclined to believe that like the millions of years before, the Earth is just cycling towards it’s next ice age. Stands to reason that like the seasons, it’s coming around again.

As for the sustainable living- I do agree with that, that’s just basic math. If you don’t conserve your resources, you’ll run out. Pretty simple to understand.

What bemuses us about the Global Warming deal is the politicians who spout off about it, then jump in their (Highly fueled) Private Jets and fly around the world to spread their gospel. Really? I’m sure those jets aren’t consuming huge amounts of fuel and emitting nasty gases into the air all because they’re spreading the good word about Global Climate Change.

My eyes are rolling so hard right now, My mother 4 states away just called to tell me they were going to stick that way if I didn’t cut it out. :drama:

bethaliz6894

@AngryLioness 286517 wrote:

Hehe, haven’t you heard, it’s Global Climate Change now, not global warming. Although we’re more inclined to believe that like the millions of years before, the Earth is just cycling towards it’s next ice age. Stands to reason that like the seasons, it’s coming around again.

As for the sustainable living- I do agree with that, that’s just basic math. If you don’t conserve your resources, you’ll run out. Pretty simple to understand.

What bemuses us about the Global Warming deal is the politicians who spout off about it, then jump in their (Highly fueled) Private Jets and fly around the world to spread their gospel. Really? I’m sure those jets aren’t consuming huge amounts of fuel and emitting nasty gases into the air all because they’re spreading the good word about Global Climate Change.

My eyes are rolling so hard right now, My mother 4 states away just called to tell me they were going to stick that way if I didn’t cut it out. :drama:

so you are basically trying to say that i am not going to get warm? i have been waiting to get warm for years!

and yes, your eyes will stick like that and it will be a funny look and we will all laugh at you. 🙂

CulArtStudent

@AngryLioness 286517 wrote:

ha!! did you read my paper or something?? lol i used that example in the paper and the guy who review the paper snorted.

lol

CulArtStudent

@Liss 286512 wrote:

omg, i just found a new use for reusing those plastic bags that are being discussed here… i’m going to line my chair with them before i read your posts! i just about lost it when i read “sheeple” that is the funniest dang thing i have read in a long time!

well — uh — liss — make sure you line your chair with garbage bags, and grab some kleenex to wipe your eyes before proceeding to https://www.budget101.com/daily-funnies/214072-fart-almost-altered-my-destiny.html#post286056

and empty your bladder first!!

MrsPaws

@Liss 286512 wrote:

omg, i just found a new use for reusing those plastic bags that are being discussed here… i’m going to line my chair with them before i read your posts! i just about lost it when i read “sheeple” that is the funniest dang thing i have read in a long time!

you just wait until you read the fart one…get ready. you’ve been warned…
      :hysterical:

CulArtStudent

just two and half more weeks — that’s all that is left..

If you pray… pray that I pass the national certification exam for Sanitation & Hygiene… it’s a big one — and it’s Thursday April 18…

*ugh*

2 more weeks … seems like forever from now. 🙁

on the flip side — it’s still like a Katy Perry song. :/

and I am READY for my vacation (1 week) to Put In Bay, Ohio and (3 weeks) to New York City 🙂

bethaliz6894

I will be praying for you. I will also wish you luck too.

so is this the end of school all together? or do you have another year?

have you figured out where you are going to work when you are out of school?

CulArtStudent

no, just the end of school until August — I will find out tomorrow if I am to transfer to a different college to finish my bachelor’s degree (2 years) or finish the culinary program where I’m at (1.5 years)…

My goal is still the same though —

1) purchase property in either Put In Bay, Ohio or Gatlinburg, TN
      2) restore property to proper era — keep integrity, bring to code
      3) furnish with antiques of era (already have a collection)
      4) open an Inn (I want to serve desserts and breakfast, so not a traditional bed & breakfast)

in my “stockpile” I already have antique beds, comforters/quilts, furniture pieces, artwork from the turn of the (19th-20th) century, fine china, fine silverware, etc…
      I make (now and in the future) all the bath & body products for each guest’s room/stay
      I am already building my network of suppliers (no matter where I go – a staple will be LeLaneau Wines in LeLaneau/Traverse City…Sanders for dessert topping like ice cream or sorbet…etc)

I am planning ahead, but thinking — it’s not that far down the road. 🙂

bethaliz6894

This sounds wonderful. I really do hope this works out for you. it sounds like you are getting yourself in line for a second life.

🙂 You will always be kept in my prayers.

CulArtStudent

national certification test: taken (I did a lot of “eenie meenie minnie moes” on that exam…

:/ )
      fafsa for student loans done for fall (whew)
      new degree field approved and adviser approved for classes for fall
      all writing center work is done and graded — my final essay was supposed to be about my thoughts of the writing center — now the director wants to talk to me (no I am not in trouble)….LOL…that’ll be interesting….(see blog for my essay)
      got my 14 page term paper back — she said I need to “expand my thoughts more” …

:/
      went to the jacuzzi, swimming pool and sauna between classes to “relax” 🙂
      have to buy the ingredients to make my presentation for sanitation class (my version of fruit parfait … it’s done in literally 2 minutes … LOL)
      final exam and group presentation left to do for English…
      and last (certainly not least)

2 classes next week, 2 classes the week after and I am F.R.E.E.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.