Stouffers Spinach souffe

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Stouffers Spinach souffe

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bethaliz6894

The spinach soufflé that Stouffers make is 100% awesome. it is one of the cooked spinach dishes that my children will eat. however, it is very hard to find a store that actually sells it.

I was wondering if anyone had a recipe that would be the same or very close so I could make it at home?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Ann

ps. I am adventurous and I will try any recipe posted. 🙂

Virginia

Here is a good Spinach Souffle recipe, hopefully, it is close to Stouffers.

Spinach Souffle

Serves 4

6 Tablespoons unsalted Butter
      1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
      1 small Onion, chopped
      6 ounces fresh Spinach Leaves, stemmed
      1/4 cup flour
      1 1/2 cups whole milk, heated until warm
      6 Eggs, separated into yolks and whites
      1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
      Salt and Pepper, to taste
      1/8 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use 2 teaspoons of the butter to grease a souffle dish or a 2 quart casserole dish.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until softened. Add the spinach, turn the heat to medium-high, and toss for about 2 minutes or until the leaves wilt.

Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer to a cutting board and chop finely.

In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes or until pale golden. Whisk in the milk.

Cook, whisking constantly around the bottom and edges of the pan, for 2 minutes. The sauce will be very thick. Remove the pan from the heat.

Whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time. Stir in the spinach mixture, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.

With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed until they form stiff peaks. Stir one-quarter of the egg whites into the spinach mixture, then gently fold in the remaining whites. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.

Bake until the souffle is puffed and golden (around 25 to 30 minutes). Serve immediately. Enjoy!

Thanks; Virginia

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Stouffers Spinach souffe