Tips from you folks in AK

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Tips from you folks in AK

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Liss:

When I first read your potato article I saw ak and thought arkansas i thought

why would cold be a problem in arkansas then i figured out hey ak is alaska. i

thought maybe you and some other of our northern friends could help me out.

i live in va in a mobile home that seems to have zero insulatin. i put plastic

over the windows in winter. but i am still freezing. of course not freezing

like a ak winter but cold to me.

how do you folks in ak keep warm without killing your budget. i am thinking

about using my stimulus to install a woodstove. i can’t afford to have the

trailer insulated. i am not sure about the whole wood stove thing because i

have never had one.

one thing i do is during the day i close off the bedrooms and use an oil filled

electric radiator in the living room. but boy when dd goes in one of those

rooms for something. i feel like i am going to freeze to death from the blast

of cold that comes out. i use an electric blanket on my bed at night. i would

like to be better prepared for this winter.

especially since va dominion power has just approached the powers that be about

a twenty percent rate increase. did i mention this mobile home is all electric.

tracy

in va

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Tips from you folks in AK