Unusually high electric bill

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Unusually high electric bill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Just to let you ladies know about an expierence I had witha suddenhigh electric bill my electric bill was very high so I flipped the breaker on my house that should turn off the power to the whole house and when I walked out to where my electric meter was I saw it was still running I also noticed a wire running from my electric meter in the direction of my neighbors house. I called the electric company and they came out and replaced my meter. I don’t know if the neighbor was stealing power or if there was some mistake in hooking that house up to the wrong meter.

But the bill dropped dramatically the next month so if the watts are going really high it might be worth checking into.

Oh one thing I saw when I lived in south ga was in trailer parks if a neighbors power would get turned off they would take one of those high voltage drop cords like are used on construction sites they would rig this cord so it had two male ends and plug one end into a neighbors outdoor outlet and the other end into one of the outlets in their trailer and this would power the whole trailer. yikes!!!!

i don’t know how many homes were burned down this way. i think i do remember at least one fire started this way when i lived there.

tracy in va

shed those extra pounds with msn and the biggest loser! learn more.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Unusually high electric bill