Coupons- Frustration, Aggravation and Fury

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Coupons- Frustration, Aggravation and Fury

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss

Ok, I’m partially venting here, but I also want to hear your thoughts on this subject….

As most of you know, The Nestle Company recently had a couponoffer posted on their own juicyjuice.com website for a free bottle of juicyjuice.

Link was:https://www.juicyjuice.com/nirf/cm2/upload/93A0DC75-C222-44C9-B76D-E0C05D893CC1/ptguide_family.pdf(andhas since been retracted)

Now, In order to use the offer you had to print an 8 page (well, it used 4 sheets of paper) color brochure and the coupon was on the last page.

Several people actually emailed Nestle directly to be sure the offer was legit.

In Nestle’s initial emails, they agreed it was a legit coupon.

However, after a day or so, they not only pulled the coupon off their own site, they sent out a press release that the coupon was fraudulent.

I sent them an email asking whether or not they intended to honor the coupon that they posted on their site, and I received a box response that the coupon would not be honored as Nestle didn’t post it.

Now, the more that I’ve thought about this, the more angry it makes me.

I could care less about the Juice, what I am angry about is that Nestle is calling this Coupon Fraud.

Many consumers are already hesitant about using coupons, some are scared to print them on their computers wondering whether they’ll be accused of wrong-doing.

Then Nestle confirms these fears with their ridiculous actions.

I am completely disgusted that Nestle offered this coupon on their own site and then realized they screwed up & could potentially lose thousands of dollarsand rather than taking responsibility for their own actions, they are blaming consumers for fraud.

To Top it all off, after accusing legit consumers of Coupon Fraud, in the bottom of their response email to me, theyhad the audacity to state thatI could go to Their Site, JuicyJuice.com and print out their latest offers and promotions.

(smoke what?????)

Gee, I thought I already did that, went directly to their site & printed their Offers!!!

Why would I waste more time and ink printing offers only to be told I was committing fraud for trying to redeem them??!!!! what’s to say they don’t retract the next promotion? i couldn’t imagine how humiliated i would be if i were in a store and the clerk said, “this is a fraudulent coupon, we can’t accept this”.

i have lost all confidence in the nestle company and brand. in addition, i feel that nestle owes it’s customers an apology for it’s egregious error in judgment.

There is a big difference between a fraudulent coupon and a coupon that a manufacturer lets go out by mistake (if it was a Mistake!)

Which brings me to my next question? Do you suppose this was a deliberate marketing ploy to get tons of Free Publicity? If they aren’t going to honor the coupons on their own website, then all it cost them was a few dollars from angry consumers like myselfwho will no longer purchase any of their products.

. .

Your Thoughts??

~Liss
      http://www.Budget101.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Coupons- Frustration, Aggravation and Fury