Broiled/baked egg breakfast meal

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Broiled/baked egg breakfast meal

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Archenstone

This is an easy throw together breakfast idea that evolved from extra little things I had left over.

Ingredients:
      olive oil
      chopped onions
      sliced mushrooms
      kielbasa sausage
      broken up salami
      1 can hunts sauce
      sugar or honey (if you want it to be less salty tasting. Hunts sauce is salty)
      shredded cheese (I used 5 cheese italiano)
      seasonings (I used pepper, garlic, mustard powder)
      4 eggs

note: like an omlette, add what ever meats, veggies you like. I used kielbasa sausage because chunky sauce helps hold the egg in place. If you are vegetarian you could try stewed tomatoes and less sauce or no sauce.

1. Heat an oven safe pan with some olive oil
      2. Saute onions, mushrooms and season with pepper, garlic. Cook till onions are clear.
      3. Add sausage and salami, heat through.
      4. add can of tomato sauce and any additional seasoning you want. (This is where I add my honey, mustard powder and extra garlic and pepper.)
      5. When mixture is boiling use a spoon to push a hole into the sauce and add egg to it with out breaking the yolk. Repeat for remaining eggs, keeping them apart.
      6. When eggs turn white on bottom (You can actually see this) you can move the pan to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes till cheese is golden.
      7. Switch oven to bake and lower pan to another rack and let sit to desired done ness. If you preheated your broiler you can simply turn the oven off and leave the pan in the middle rack.
      8. 10minutes total oven time is enough to completely firm the eggs like boiling does so only leave in for few minutes if you want a soft yolk.

Let cool to edible temperatures and enjoy. Its also easy clean up if you did everything in the same pan. 😉

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Broiled/baked egg breakfast meal