Pancakes are one of my personal favorites, so when I switched to a keto-friendly way of eating, I really missed them! It’s not unusual for us to have “breakfast” for dinner. Luckily, here’s a delish keto pancake recipe that tastes great.
Since it’s not uncommon for only one or two family members to follow a keto lifestyle, I’ve created several different size batches to make it easier. If you don’t care for the flavor of maple substitute 1 teaspoon of lemon zest instead.
This recipe calls for almond flour, I use Anothony’s premium blanched almond flour. It creates a light, fluffy texture finish. Regardless of the brand, be sure to use superfine.
How to Make Easy Keto Pancakes
In a medium bowl, beat vanilla, cream cheese, eggs, and maple extract together until smooth. Add in the almond flour, and baking powder, mixing well to incorporate. Let the batter rest for a few minutes.
In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes more.
Keto Pancakes: 10 pancakes
5 Keto Pancakes
2 Keto Pancakes
2 Tbs almond flour
1 oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp Maple Extract
Butter, for frying and serving
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg(s), vanilla, and maple extracts together until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, and baking powder, mixing well to incorporate. Let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve topped with butter and Keto Maple Syrup.
Nutrition info per pancake:
Total Fat 8.7g Saturated Fat 2.8g
Total Carbs 2.0g, Dietary Fiber 0.6g, Net carbs 1.4 grams
Protein 4.5 g
Note: The nutrition data provided is based on the quantities listed and the brand(s) of products I personally used. These can fluctuate depending on the brands you choose to use, read more here.