Texas sheet cake cookies are derived from a delectable thin cake with and even more decadent chocolate frosting. These cookies are perfect for grab and go desserts, parties, tailgating, camping, and more.
Traditionally, a Texas Sheet Cake is a large, thin cake prepared on a sheet pan baking tray, rather than in a cake pan. While some cake recipes require multiple bowls to prepare, one for creaming butter and sugar, another for beating egg whites, this one does not. Known for it’s simplicity, the ingredients for a Texas sheet cake are stirred together in a single large bowl.
Texas sheet cake cookies are equally simple, requiring only a cake mix, two eggs, a small amount of vegetable oil, a single bowl to prepare it in, and very little measuring.
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
These are over the top chocolately, cakey, fudgy, pecan dusted deliciousness!
Sheet Cake Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients
1 box Milk Chocolate Cake Mix
1/3 cup Canola Oil
1/2 cup Chopped pecans, optional
Texas Sheet Cake Icing Ingredients
2 Tbs Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Butter, unsalted and room temperature
3 Tablespoon Whole Milk
2 cups Powdered Sugar
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies from Chocolate Cake Mix Directions
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl until smooth. To add pecans to the batter, stir them in by hand.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or spoons, scoop out dough balls, placing them onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring cookies to a wire cooling rack.
Texas Sheetcake Cookie Icing Directions
- Combine the butter, cocoa powder and whole milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk the ingredients together until combined and smooth.
- Once smooth, remove from the heat and whisk in the powdered sugar about 1/4 at time.
- Place the cooling rack of cookies onto a baking sheet to catch excess chocolate just prior to frosting with the warm icing.
- Pour a generous spoonful of icing over each cookie. Top with additional chopped pecans, if desired.
- Allow the icing to harden before enjoying.