Strawberry Crumb Bars are a delicious breakfast or dessert that couldn’t be easier or simpler! You can do this with any flavor cake mix, chocolate strawberry bars are good, and for double the strawberry flavor use a strawberry cake mix.
These bars are very good with other flavors of preserves as well, be sure to try blackberry, cherry, blueberry, etc. If prefer a bolder flavor use a can or two of your favorite pie filling instead!
Strawberry Crumb Bars
You will need:
15 oz yellow cake mix
2½ cups quick-cooking oats
1 cups butter softened & divided (3/4 cups softened, 1/4 c. melted)
1 1/2 cups strawberry preserves
1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix and oats in a large bowl.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the very soft butter until crumbly.
- On the bottom of the pan, press half the crumbs down.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberry preserves with water. Stir until smooth.
- Spread strawberry preserves over the crumb crust.
- Crumble the remaining cake/oat mix over the strawberry preserves.
- Drizzle the top with 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Cook for 18 to 23 minutes or until very lightly golden brown.
- Eat warm or cool, cut into bars, and serve.