If you love fresh sweet peaches, you’ll adore this refreshing Peach ice cream! It’s identical in flavor to the famous Ben & Jerry’s fresh Georgia peach ice cream that we haven’t been able to find in years.
The absolute best way to capture the elusive flavor of summertime, this copycat Ben and Jerry’s recipe really hits the spot.
When they make their ice cream, Ben & Jerry prefer small peaches because they have more flavor and less water than the larger ones. This ensures your ice cream doesn’t get unwanted ice crystals, which can ruin the smooth, creamy texture.
Ben & Jerry’s Fresh Georgia Peach Ice Cream
- Combine the peaches, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the lemon juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl. Return the peaches to the refrigerator. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and half and half, whisking to blend. Add the peach juice and mix until well blended.
- Transfer the mixture to your favorite ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer’s instructions. We use the ice cream attachment with our KitchenAid mixer.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2-3 minutes before it is done) add the peaches, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- Makes 1 generous quart.