Apparently, Buttered Saltine Crackers are the Hot New Viral Snack trend that’s taking over the internet….
I’m always a bit floored when I see whatever the “NEW” trend is on the internet. I wonder who starts these things thinking that they invented them.. imagine buttering saltines . . . thinking that’s a new thing.
Wait until they discover JELLY or JAM on saltines, they might break the internet! My favorite afterschool snack as a kid was grape jelly on saltines, (no butter).,
However, If you want to take your Buttered Saltines to the next level, try this awesome Saltine Firecracker Recipe.
How to Make Buttered Saltine Firecrackers
Put a couple of sleeves of saltines into a gallon bag.
Prepare the buttered firecracker juice by mixing melted butter and all the seasoning together.
Pour the firecracker juice over the crackers, seal the bag and shake like hell to coat.
Buttered Saltine Firecrackers
2/3-1 cup Real Butter, melted
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pkg Italian Dressing Mix
1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 (16.5 ounce) package saltine crackers
- Mix together the melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, dressing mix, and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Empty 2 sleeves of crackers into a 1 gallon ziploc bag, pour half of the buttered firecracker juice over the crackers.
- Empty the remaining 2 sleeves of crackers into another 1 gallon bag and add the remaining buttered firecracker juice.
- Seal the bags, shake gently to coat well with seasoning/spices.
- Let the bags set for about an hour, shake/turn to coat the crackers and allow them to set for about 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- They will taste overly salty if they aren’t allowed to set the proper amount of time! If you let them set for at least 8 hours, they’ll be perfect. By the way, No Baking Required and despite other recipes to the contrary, baking doesn’t make them “more crisp”.
Love this Buttered Saltine Firecrackers Recipe? Pin it!
Can you eat more than 6 Saltine Crackers per minute
Eating six saltines may appear easy to a fan of crackers. … In this challenge, the person must completely chew and swallow six salted saltine crackers without help from liquids or lubricants in one minute. Due to the salty dryness of the crackers, the task becomes almost impossible. Many have tried, few have succeeded in the Saltine Cracker Challenge.