This simple peaches-n-cream pie is like eating sunshine with a fork, and has only 4 ingredients. It’s the perfect last-minute throw-together dessert that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
If you would like to make a low sugar version, you can substitute a couple of the ingredients: instead of regular cool-whip and peach gelatin, use sugar-free versions. Try using fresh peaches or peaches that have been canned in their juice or with a very light syrup.
How to Make Peaches-n-Cream Pie
You’ll need just a few basic ingredients to throw this delicious pie together in just a couple of minutes.
To get started, dissolve the contents of the entire package of gelatin in half a cup of boiling water.
Stir the mixture well until the sugars dissolve completely. Then add the cold water, stirring well.
Fold in the Cool Whip into the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Don’t attempt to use off-brand Cool whip as it doesn’t properly set. At this point, if you’d like small bits of peach pieces in your pie, fold them into the mixture.
Pour the filling into a prepared graham cracker crust, cover, and refrigerate for a couple of hours prior to serving. Generally speaking, it only takes about an hour to set firmly. Just prior to serving, top with additional peach slices.
As you can see from the photos, we used our home-canned peaches for this recipe, but you can use store-bought canned or fresh peaches, whatever you happen to have on hand.
Peaches-n-Cream Pie Recipe
1 8oz container Cool Whip, thawed
1 pkg Peach Jello
1 graham cracker crust
1/2 c. diced peaches (optional) You can use sliced or canned peaches, fresh, etc
1/2 boiling water
1 c. Ice water
Peaches-n-Cream Pie Directions
- In a medium bowl dissolve the peach jello in the boiling water, stirring well until fully dissolved.
- Add the cold water, stirring well.
- Immediately fold in the thawed Cool Whip. Remember, fold don’t “mix”, and avoid using FROZEN Cool Whip else the pie will not properly set.
- If you opt to use peaches, (fresh or canned) add about 1/2 c. well drained, diced pieces into the filling mixture.
- Spoon into a graham cracker crust. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour prior to serving.
Serve with additional sliced peaches on the top. The peaches in the photo above were home canned.